By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am going to Gamescom, but I need some advice!

Okay, a few tips:

• preorder your tickets, so you don't have to wait in the big crowd outside; you also save a few bucks this way. Last year I didn't have to wait in a line to enter the building at all: I just showed my printed out ticket, got a different ticket compatible to the card reader and could go right in.
  • the 2016-preorder tickets are personalized, so you can't give them away / sell them... probably to avoid scalpers this year
  • Do yourself a favor and go on Thursday (and/or Friday), it gets more and more crowded every following day. Saturday is already sold out.
  • Before entering the exhibition hall you can drink and eat outside for normal prices. There are enough options (it is right in the city). But if you want to eat or drink something while inside: don't worry, the prices inside are still okay. At some less popular stands they even offer you water or soft drinks for free (happened to me, when I tried out the iPad-DeusEx-game in 2013 or some Point&Click-adventures last year)
  • Most short demo experience aren't worth waiting several hours in a line... so try to keep the number of games you really, really have to try out very small. There is enough to see in all these halls and the outside area without standing in line. Nowadays most AAA titles get an open beta anyways before they launch, which you can experience more comfortably at home.

Around the Network

http://www.accuweather.com/en/de/cologne/50667/august-weather/180169

just general aggregate for the future, something to be aware of

Mike_L said:

Edit: Weird. I just asked my buddy and he also seems to remember that you weren't allowed to bring your bag. You had to leave it in a locker before entering.

Thats strange, i remember having some goodies i picked up putting it in my backpack.. Looking at some pictures i can see clearly people with backpacks

.. Maybe it was a certain size that allowed?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Bags are allowed (at least the last years they were).

NiKKoM said:
Mike_L said:

Edit: Weird. I just asked my buddy and he also seems to remember that you weren't allowed to bring your bag. You had to leave it in a locker before entering.

Thats strange, i remember having some goodies i picked up putting it in my backpack.. Looking at some pictures i can see clearly people with backpacks

.. Maybe it was a certain size that allowed?

Conina said:
Bags are allowed (at least the last years they were).

Ok. The memory about no bags and lockers must be from TGS then. The whole thing was strangely similar to Gamescom.