By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 Angry Joe Review

Nuvendil said:
So today, Joe is a credible reviewer. But what of tomorrow? Will he piddle all over a fan-favorite? Or confess he's not a fan of some sacred cow and cause such drama as we haven't seen since GameSpot's infamous 9/10 for GTAV? Tune in next time to find out! :P

OK, but seriously, awesome to see Uncharted 4 getting so much praise. And also really happy he came up with this shorter review format. I love his detail-oriented reviews and frank tone and I love that now we get more.

Whether people agree with him or not, he's still a credible reviewer. I subscribe to his channel and often disagree but that doesn't change my opinion of him.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
So today, Joe is a credible reviewer. But what of tomorrow? Will he piddle all over a fan-favorite? Or confess he's not a fan of some sacred cow and cause such drama as we haven't seen since GameSpot's infamous 9/10 for GTAV? Tune in next time to find out! :P

OK, but seriously, awesome to see Uncharted 4 getting so much praise. And also really happy he came up with this shorter review format. I love his detail-oriented reviews and frank tone and I love that now we get more.

I think the quick fire reviews are a result of him having a much longer list of games he needs to review. Last gen he didn't have a PS3, and he was probably very picky about the Wii games he reviewed. So that was a substantial amount of the game market he could ignore. Now he's got to do PS4 and Xb one and PC games. I believe he's stopped doing Nintendo games because of their stupid policies about youtube footage.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

GribbleGrunger said:
Nuvendil said:

Whether people agree with him or not, he's still a credible reviewer. I subscribe to his channel and often disagree but that doesn't change my opinion of him.

I know not everyone does it, but Joe is a reviewer I very often see put on a pedestal one moment and hurled under a bus the next based on his reviews.  Quite amusing but also kinda depressing.

Oh man, no cosplays, would've been much more fun to watch.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Nuvendil said:

I know not everyone does it, but Joe is a reviewer I very often see put on a pedestal one moment and hurled under a bus the next based on his reviews.  Quite amusing but also kinda depressing.

I know what you mean but people who do that aren't worth much to be honest. Jim Sterling gets the same treatment.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Crazy seeing what this game have become since U 1 launched in 2008 to lacklustre reception. After all of that now to be hailed as possibly the best damn adventure game ever made.
So glad to have been with the series since 08, never missed one game.

BraLoD said:

He does says it deserves "the highest 9/10" he ever gave, he keeping calling the game a technical and adventure masterpiece but apparently he just couldn't score it a 10/10 because he thinks it has some flaws, but he makes very clear that only takes it from taking the perfect mark he rarely gives, but he calls it the best PS4 game, a must have game that's on par with Halo for the original XBOX as far as being more than enough reason to pick a PS4 just for it, being a true system seller, and he further praises ND for the streak of highest quality games and says he just can't wait to see what they'll deliver with their next game.

Oh, he also says he haven't see anything like that on any other console, or even PC.

He is a big PC gamer enthusiast, btw.

PC enthusiasts sometimes seem to forget that graphics are more than resolution and frame-rate. Uncharted is a good reminder of that fact.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

BraLoD said:
loy310 said:
Crazy seeing what this game have become since U 1 launched in 2008 to lacklustre reception. After all of that now to be hailed as possibly the best damn adventure game ever made.
So glad to have been with the series since 08, never missed one game.

Uncharted released 2007, though.

And it didn't have a lacklustre reception, well, at least I understand that fans liked it. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Agree with him... Uncharted4  has whatever between 9-------------10... no less than 9!!

In Sony We Trust!

Porcupine_I said:
BraLoD said:

He does says it deserves "the highest 9/10" he ever gave, he keeping calling the game a technical and adventure masterpiece but apparently he just couldn't score it a 10/10 because he thinks it has some flaws, but he makes very clear that only takes it from taking the perfect mark he rarely gives, but he calls it the best PS4 game, a must have game that's on par with Halo for the original XBOX as far as being more than enough reason to pick a PS4 just for it, being a true system seller, and he further praises ND for the streak of highest quality games and says he just can't wait to see what they'll deliver with their next game.

Oh, he also says he haven't see anything like that on any other console, or even PC.

He is a big PC gamer enthusiast, btw.

PC enthusiasts sometimes seem to forget that graphics are more than resolution and frame-rate. Uncharted is a good reminder of that fact.

Exactly this. For me, the graphics from a 'technical' standpoint aren't the best. They are very, very good, but invetably PC has some titles that are techncially more impressive. Having said that, I have never seen a game with so much graphical detail. Attention to detail is the key in this game and it is outstanding - that's all to do with a comitted and brilliant developer.

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN