By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - First reviews for 'Warcraft' movie (MC: 31/100)

Well, even though Angry Birds looks to have settled in the low 40s (Rotten Tomatoes) it seems like my prediction that AB will be the best reviewed (and possibly best money earning - $150 million to date with a $70 million budget) video game movie of the year could well hold up.

I was always sceptical that this movie would work, or appeal to a wider audience.

Ass Creed next. At least thematically this movie has a more natural appeal to general audiences. But I remain sceptical that they made a good job of it. One thing they have going for it is that they are telling a story that is not in one of the games, so they are starting from scratch merely using the overarching concept and some of the stylistic elements, which may work out.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Dear Hollywood video games are not meant too become movies so just stop wasting money they are not gonna work.

Nothing unexpected to be honest.

It's almost like, after this and the Ratchet movie, film critics don't like games.

It's probably, like Ratchet, a decent movie that is getting flak for its source material.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

animegaming said:
Dear Hollywood video games are not meant too become movies so just stop wasting money they are not gonna work.

FNAF has potential. Considering Scott Cawthon himself is working on it, I can see it doing good if it isn't a bore(like paranormal activity)

Besides that, the only game related movie that was good is Wreck-it Ralph, which doesn't count because it was basically a combination of a bunch of games that did/didn't exist. Perhaps something like that, but with Nintendo characters?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Damn, will there ever be a really good movie adaptation of a video game?

(There may have been some in the past, so if so can somebody please tell me because I have no idea).

Makes me wonder how the Uncharted movie and Assassin's Creed are going to do.

Ruler said:
Lawlight said:
Looks interesting. I'll go watch it.

why? its a bad movie

How do you know?

Even though I fully expect this movie to be bad, I feel metacritic is bad for movies and tv-shows. I find IMDb scores to always be much closer to the "truth". Warcraft has a high score there now though, but that'll surely drop rapidly when it had it's wide release, like Batman v Superman for example.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Nothing unexpected to be honest.

I think a lot of people expected better. Not me. I fully expected it to get low scores.

I hate to say I told people so, but I told people so.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

"Dark and lacking in color. Not bright enough for children to enjoy like Disney movies, which are teh bestest."
-Critics, most likely

JK... Who cares what critics say? I don't care anymore since BvS, a movie I found enjoyable. Critics think their opinions matter more than ours and some of you believe that. Just go check things out for yourself if interested.