By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valkyria: Azure Revolution to be made more RPG-like as a result of demo feedback

Honestly, the initial gameplay footage of Valkyria Azure Revolution got me more excited than VC ever have due to the new mechanics.

btw isn't this game a spin-off of VC? Doesn't mean it needs to play/feel the same way. (ie. Metal Gear Rising)

Did anyone greatly complain that FFXV isn't turned based and that because of that it might not be able to think things as you fought? lol

Either way, i'll still pick up this game :P

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Honestly, the initial gameplay footage of Valkyria Azure Revolution got me more excited than VC ever have due to the new mechanics.

btw isn't this game a spin-off of VC? Doesn't mean it needs to play/feel the same way. (ie. Metal Gear Rising)

Did anyone greatly complain that FFXV isn't turned based and that because of that it might not be able to think things as you fought? lol

It is a spin off, but I think most people thought of it or at least wanted it to be straight up VC4 on PS4 than a spin off.

Wow. That gameplay looks terrible. Why even bother calling it Valkyria? It clearly doesn't share any of the gameplay that made VC one of the best SRPGs of last gen. It isn't even an SRPG. Pass.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
Wow. That gameplay looks terrible. Why even bother calling it Valkyria? It clearly doesn't share any of the gameplay that made VC one of the best SRPGs of last gen. It isn't even an SRPG. Pass.

Its "new & differnt" for the sake of being "new & differnt".

When you find a recipe that works, why f*** around with it? If it aint broken, dont fix it.
I think most people actually want a VC4.

Ruler said:
Faust said:
no one complained about the art style?

Whats to complain about?

c'mon the artstyle from previous games is just so much better

Around the Network

Everyone is beeing way too optimistic. He said more like... we shall see if it really is.

UltimateUnknown said:
V-r0cK said:

It is a spin off, but I think most people thought of it or at least wanted it to be straight up VC4 on PS4 than a spin off.

Yea see, since it's a spin off I wouldn't have expected it to be like the original.  If people want spin-offs to be the exact same as the original then they might as well make a sequel instead.  But can't please them all.  Either way the game still looks amazing and I'm sure it'll be just as fun with the new changes.

homer said:

well, that's why they scrapped this battle system now that the demo had a lot of negative feedback (and i agree that it looked terrible)

I hope they'll come up with a decent tactical system to replace it

Still sounds very dodgy to me. From what they said they only introduced stopgap measures instead of revamping the system. Only 4 people in battle simultaneously still sounds ridiculous if you think of the original.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

At this point I just wish they had followed the same formula the older games did.