By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 gameplay shot. Naughty Dog is edging closer to the uncanny valley

Conina said:
Getting closer to the uncanny valley ain't something desirable.

lol this ^

I think you mean to say 'coming out the other side of the uncanny valley'

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
Uabit said:
Imagine what they could achieve without PS4's limitations... Now that would be impressive.

Someone pointed out that they need some sort of limitation in order for it to be as optimized as possible. In other words the PS4 can do way more than a similarly speced PC because it can be optimized on a level that PC games cannot.  So while they are brilliant,  being on a closed platform really helps.

I don't get it... Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Not sure what you're going for in this thread.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

It's a real shame you can't upload pictures from your phone on vgc.

I just completed chapter 11, blown away. In other games most of the whole chase scene would be a qte fest. It keeps ramping up and the physics are amazing.

It's not perfect though, uncanny indeed

Anyway I guess you mean they're edging closer to reality. ND avoids the uncanny valley by giving it a slightly stylized look avoiding the occasional creep factor of Heavy rain.

Around the Network

Picture I took:

Noob question (or non English as first language guy question) what is the uncany valley you are talking about here ?

U4 looks awesome but whats up with this: they are on another level/All other developers fail; talk all the time?

So U4 is on another level than Driveclub, Bloodborne, Infamious Son, Ryse, Crysis 1 with mods, the Order 1886, Star Wars Battlefront?
I except FF15 to look better than U4, espacially on PC and PS4K

Uncharted 4 looks amazing, I even did a thread about how impressive is for a ps4, but damn... it's not the second coming of Christ.

The thing about U4 that impressed me. I would say "I wonder if I..." and there would be an animation or comment for it. Hell, one time there was s trophy for it! (Hint: say cheese...)

Don't get me wrong. There were little things like shooting animals in the distance and nothing would happen out footsteps disappearing in the snow right after I made them but the attention to detail is astounding!