By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned from Neogaf for having a different opinion. Am I wrong?

only777 said:
barneystinson69 said:

Its neogaf, what did you expect? I was perma-banned for saying Halo 5 sales could be lower on the NPD because of higher digital sales...

For a moment I thought you weren't joking!

No, I wasn't joking. Well I was also juniored that same-day for making a thread about how FFVII was coming to the Wii U (I though it was). The entire site crashed because of the amount of traffic, and alot of people were pissed at me. After that, the NPD numbers came and I ended up getting into a big rant about Halo 5 sales, and that was it for me.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Your obviously misguided opinions are welcome here my friend.
My obviously misguided opinions have not got me banned.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

hoala said:
same happens on vg charts weekly

Nothing close to the scenario described in the op happens here.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

it saddens me that some professional people in the industry talk only in GAF, imo their onesided-view of current topics and censoring does not really encourage me to read it though.

OttoniBastos said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
GAF is a hive mind. Especially when it comes to topics like GamerGate and politics. If you don't share the opinion of the hive mind, don't bother setting a foot into any thread about those topics if you value your GAF account in any way. It can only end badly for you.

Basically this!

Neogaf became a "safe space" for a very specific demographic and if you disagree with them even if in an polite way you re gonna be banned because you don't fit there.

Heck, you can even be neutral and get banned. That is what exactly happened to Boogie2988.

Around the Network

Neogaf is full of elitist pussies. stay away from that shit.

They even tried to defend pedophily in some politic topics, thing just didn't go because outsiders denounced.

You are right, if that is the extent of your postings, that your conversation was pretty mild. Pedestrian in fact. But abuse of mod power? Hardly.

They can ban anyone they wish for any reason they wish. Including not fitting in. It's a website owned and operated by private individuals who have a certain crowd they would like to cater to. Obviously you are not one of them.

They want an echo chamber and you became the acoustic panel in the middle of the wrong conversation (like them being on the wrong side of GG).

While it seems I might agree with your stated position on the matter discussed, I support NeoGaf's right to ban anyone for any reason.

-CraZed- said:

You are right, if that is the extent of your postings, that your conversation was pretty mild. Pedestrian in fact. But abuse of mod power? Hardly.

They can ban anyone they wish for any reason they wish. Including not fitting in. It's a website owned and operated by private individuals who have a certain crowd they would like to cater to. Obviously you are not one of them.

They want an echo chamber and you became the acoustic panel in the middle of the wrong conversation (like them being on the wrong side of GG).

While it seems I might agree with your stated position on the matter discussed, I support NeoGaf's right to ban anyone for any reason.

I still don't understand what people see in that shithole to pu tit on a high pedestal. It's jut like any forum, but run by a bunch of losers who thinkt hey are the elit of the internet.

Alt removed