By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What happens when Putin is gone?

Psychotic said:
Scisca said:

Then you let me repeat: The Czechs don't think anything about these moves because we don't *know* anything about these moves. Just for you, I went to the biggest internet news outlet in the Czech Republic - iDNES.cz and I searched for articles about Poland. Quick overview of the results of the first 100 newest articles:

The very 1st article: "EU horrified about the state of human rights in Poland" - that cracked me up.

Followed by: soccer, soccer, tennis, volleyball, Poland planning to demolish WW2 statues of Russian soldiers, Putin threatening Poland, Clinton condemning Poland for being as despotic as Russia, soccer, soccer... OH! There's something! V4 sending troops to the Baltic... ahem... hooray, the 4 countries will *maybe* send a combined total of whopping 600 soldiers! Soccer, soccer, tennis... yeah, nothing else of interest.

To be fair, your special forces are indeed very good. I've had the pleasure of competing against them in a military marksmanship tournament. We defeated the Navy SEALS without a problem, but the Polish... yeah, they whooped our a**es.

And i admit I may have underestimated your air force, I didn't know the F-16s were modernized...

But still, "we're getting there" is wishful thinking. Big words, but I do not see the deeds.

As far as I'm concerned, it would be great if you could challenge Russia, but... I'll really have to see it to believe it. Something like "Russia wanted X but it won't happen because Warsaw said Y".

But I'm sorry for having been too rash and dismissive. I see your case now.

That's sad that you get almost no news at all, only some crap or sports.

Good that we got on the same page. I know very well where we are today, but I also see where we're going and I honestly hope that like in the past, we'll be a counterweight for Russia. Our government is clear that this is their goal, I hope we achieve it within the next 10 years, let alone 20. Our country is changing very fast, the army is getting more modern with every passing year. We just need time, but we have already started the process and so far, so good

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

I honestly hope something happens before then, but it'll be a cold day in hell when 60 million people can override three times that number...