By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360/PS3 Dual-Console Owners Most Annoyed About Red Ring, But Favoring Microsoft (Unofficial MP poll)

"I don't think there's anything to be learned from a non-random sampling of 54 people that can be generalized to millions of people."

It is better than all of the fanboys  analysts, who freely give their personal opinion. Especially since these are guys who have both consoles and therefore do not fall into the fanboy category. You have to take what you can get.

(Nevertheless you are correct)

Around the Network

Even so...after reading all that, it seems fairly split down the middle even if leaning toward the 360 a little bit. 27 is higher than 22...but there is that 5, and it seems a little too close to brag about. At least in my opinion.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Words Of Wisdom said:
I don't think there's anything to be learned from a non-random sampling of 54 people that can be generalized to millions of people.

That's exactly what I thought myself.  I mean I know they said it was an "unofficial" poll, but 54 people all from the same website and probably all from the same region geographically just doesn't sound like a good poll.  I suppose you can learn something from it, but try to keep in mind the poll's deficiencies when you look at the results.

ferret1603 said:
Munkeh111 said:
I read this too, it is quite interesting to see people still concerned about RRD, when M$ will replace the console for free (3 year warantee?), their only concern should be a week without those games, but there are plenty of PS3 exclusives to keep them busy in that time

Not if, like me, you view your consoles as a long term investment. I still play my Mega Drive and SNES and expect them to work as long as I want to play them. As long as RRoD is a problem I won't buy a 360 because the chances of it lasting like my other consoles is approximately 0.

On the other hand if you're the kind of person who only plays current-gen games and gets rid of their consoles as soon as new ones are released then you're right, there's nothing to be concerned about as the 360 probably won't be current-gen in 3 years anyway.

Surely if you only occasionally use your 360, it is much less likely to over heat, and there are things that you can do to decrease the likelyhood of RRoD ing, like keeping it in a very well ventilated area, and the most recent ones are much better

Sorry to be so negative but I can't take your findings seriously.

The sample size is too small.
The sample lacks any diversity.
How did you manage to obtain [truthfull] information.

You couldn't possibly conclude anything apart from the fact that the people on that forum think that the 360 is better than the PS3. Survey 500,000-1,000,000 people from various parts of the globe and then you'd have a more viable result ( very costly and time consuming but that's the only way.)