By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I "lost" my job today

I'm saying "lost" because I'm quite happy about it. I was still in my 6 months trial period and both my superiors and me agreed that it just wasn't working out with the team I was assigned to.

That being said the team consisted of a 4 man group that grew very close over the years and apparently they don't like outsiders. They told me I had to integrate myself but sadly integration is not a one way process and they never gave me a chance. Two of them were especially notorious in protecting their turf so I was basically degraded to their personal plaything. Every other day I had thoughts about quitting and today it finally happened.

I'm an IT expert in networking technologies and I have met a lot of IT people in my life. This group of people were the first IT guys I met that were not super chill. There was no fun or relaxation at work. They took themselves so serious pretending to be super professional despite the fact that even in my short time there they managed to completely fuck up the network multiple times, leaving a lot of hospitals without connection to important network resources and the internet. Not to mention their first grade attempt at switch and router configuration.

My superiors didn't want to let me go but they were pretty much forced to. I have their recommendations and references for my new Job attempts.

But do not worry about me. Thanks to my qualifications and contacts I should be able to get a job within the next few months, maybe even by July. And even if it takes longer I got ample saved cash and a very generous government welfare program so I won't have to compromise any of my expensive hobbies in the forseeable future.

So wish me luck that my next job has your usual chill IT personnel.

Edit: Thanks for all the heartfelt wishes!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Good luck!

Good luck!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

That blows

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Sounds like a good time to start your own business...

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Those IT nerds were a bunch of stuck up jerks. Oh, the irony. Good luck, mate.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Great. Never stay in a job that you'll end up hating. It'll only cause unnecessary stress.

Best of luck to finding a new job. I'm Sure your skills will be useful in many places

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Should give you ample time to play Rocket League.

FunFan said:
Sounds a good time to start your own business...

Nah, that's the last thing I would do. I like being employed. I hate paper work and with self employment you have to do all that shit by yourself. I have enough possible job opportunities lined up so I won't have to take that route.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Teeqoz said:

Should give you ample time to play Rocket League.

That's why the next few weeks will be really nice and relaxing for me. I just hope my joints will keep up.