By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game series with flawless records

Call of Duty and Five Nights At Freddy's

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
bigtakilla said:

Lol, oh GOD no. Even if we include the absolutely terrible XIII series, FF II was also a travesty. 

FF2 is the worst in the series, period.But it is people feel it is so bad because they compare it with todays standard.And to be quite fair, the game is quite good.The only thing that ruined it was the leveling system.God, that was awful.

But overall it is a very good game.Even FF13 for all the hate it gets(and rightfully so.I consider it to be next to FF2 in terms of quality), it was still a great game.As a game, it is very good.Just as a FF game, it fails miserably to meet expectations

Im probably the only person who openly likes FF2 XD dunno how different the Dawn of Souls version is from the original though

StarOcean said:
Nautilus said:

FF2 is the worst in the series, period.But it is people feel it is so bad because they compare it with todays standard.And to be quite fair, the game is quite good.The only thing that ruined it was the leveling system.God, that was awful.

But overall it is a very good game.Even FF13 for all the hate it gets(and rightfully so.I consider it to be next to FF2 in terms of quality), it was still a great game.As a game, it is very good.Just as a FF game, it fails miserably to meet expectations

Im probably the only person who openly likes FF2 XD dunno how different the Dawn of Souls version is from the original though

But it certainly isn't a series with a flawless record.

bigtakilla said:
StarOcean said:

I'm not making the argument that it is. Thats between you and Nautilus

Slarvax said:
Splatoon

Ahm. Pokemon comes to mind. Genwunners will always complain, but I don't think there's a generally accepted "bad" Pokemon game.
Is the Xenoblade series different from the Xenosaga series? I would say XBlade fits the criteria, but I dont know about XSaga.
2D Metroid is another one. Animal Crossing.

I think they all fall under the Xeno spiritual series, but I'm not 100% on that.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Slarvax said:
Splatoon

Ahm. Pokemon comes to mind. Genwunners will always complain, but I don't think there's a generally accepted "bad" Pokemon game.
Is the Xenoblade series different from the Xenosaga series? I would say XBlade fits the criteria, but I dont know about XSaga.
2D Metroid is another one. Animal Crossing.

I think they all fall under the Xeno spiritual series, but I'm not 100% on that.

Though spiritual successors, the series are different. 

bigtakilla said:
StarOcean said:

Yeah it is flawless.Just because not every game has a 90+ metacritic dosent mean its flawless

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Curse All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault

I would say Uncharted and it actually has a definitive end now which is great and made me quite emotional and appreciate not stringing things along till they get bad.

Batman Arkham is great and Origins is probably my favorite to replay (every Christmas season)

Infamous has killed it every time to me and I can't decide which is my favorite. Even though Second Son was a step down it went from 9/10 to 7/10 at worst (and I use the full scale not just 7 and up)

Littlebigplanet

Sly Cooper

God of War and yes again Ascension is great especially the final boss

I am Iron Man

Nautilus said:
bigtakilla said:

Yeah it is flawless.Just because not every game has a 90+ metacritic dosent mean its flawless

Exactly.

StarCraft?

StarCraft + Brood Wars (Let's ignore Insurrection and Retribution.), StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty + Heart of the Swam + Legacy of the Void. + StarCraft Nintendo 64.

All great games in their own right.

Otherwise, Civilization. Pretty sure Firaxis can't put a step wrong.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--