By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NSMB turns 10 years old today

The original New Super Mario Bros for the DS launched on May 15th 2006, exactly 10 years ago today.

So yeah, we're old :S

I gotta say, this game's VS. mode made it amazing and frankly a lot better than its successors. Also, I want that damn shell powerup to return!

Around the Network

I remember beating this game in one day. I was disappointed. D:

Wright said:

Were you able to beat the game using warps the first time?

That made the experience really weak for me as well.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Happy Birthday NSMB.

You started a trend for a series that I'm not really fond of, but I still love you, as the original.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Great game. Now it's time for a new New Super Mario Bros :P

Around the Network

Enjoyed the first two. Wished the Wii U used different character models than the first two and seeing the dirt under the grass ground always irritated me. The graphics continue to look so simple when the games are actually fun. Wii U did have some interesting bosses battles though but the NSMB Wii final boss was way better.

Edit: I realize you see the dirt under the grass in Super Mario World as well but something about the standard grass/dirt ground in the NSMB is very boring and uninspiring after the first two time.

Ultrashroomz said:
Happy Birthday NSMB.

You started a trend for a series that I'm not really fond of, but I still love you, as the original.

It's the original unoriginal.

Ultrashroomz said:
Wright said:

Were you able to beat the game using warps the first time?

That made the experience really weak for me as well.

Yup. Then I never really go back and tried beating it a second time or anything, so it was kind of a very forgettable Mario experience for me.

I actually love the NSMB series better than the old school Mario games. The controls are so tight, and stuff like wall jumping or a mid air spin could actually rescue you from a mis-timed jump if you are quick enough. Personally I pick NSMBU as the pick of the bunch, and the weakest being NSMB2 which is still a good game.

NSMB was definately an exciting game. Too bad the sequels just keep recycling everything introduced in the first one without new content whatsoever.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.