By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man by Sucker Punch... don't call it a comeback!

I noticed the first thread was closed due to the box art being "confirmed" fake.... however there is no smoke without fire and in the weeks following we saw teases from Shuhei on his twitter and evidence that a stuntman named "Oyoung" was working with Sony on motion capture for a spider-man project.

https://twitter.com/yosp?lang=en 

I have also had a small exchange with an employee of ND, his response to my statement strongly points towards the project being authentic. 

What do you think?

Around the Network

It's gotten to the point where if it's announced I won't be surprised. Hope it's true. Be good to finally get a spiderman AAA title by a AAA developer.

Kerotan said:
It's gotten to the point where if it's announced I won't be surprised. Hope it's true. Be good to finally get a spiderman AAA title by a AAA developer.

My original idea was if they would work on X-men but Spider-man is a great protagonist and the villians are top tier... hope it all comes together nicely!

To have manufacturers actually handle the development and publishing of a licensed game is something we haven't see in a really long time.
And that's too bad.

I hope this will start a trend of great exclusive licensed games

maxleresistant said:
To have manufacturers actually handle the development and publishing of a licensed game is something we haven't see in a really long time.
And that's too bad.

I hope this will start a trend of great exclusive licensed games

Well with Disney shutting down the Infinity line and stating they are going with licensing.... we could probably see it with more of their IP's. We also don't know what Rocksteady are doing, that is likely to be Super hero related. 

EA have a lot lined up for Star Wars, next Battlefront will be a huge step up.... 

Around the Network

I'd prefer Sucker Punch make the next inFAMOUS. Aw well :(

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

If this happens, and it's as good as I'd expect, I'd probably have to save up the money for a PS4. :-/ The last really good Spider-man game was back on the cube.

Bryank75 said:

I noticed the first thread was closed due to the box art being "confirmed" fake.... however there is no smoke without fire and in the weeks following we saw teases from Shuhei on his twitter and evidence that a stuntman named "Oyoung" was working with Sony on motion capture for a spider-man project.

I have also had a small exchange with an employee of ND, his response to my statement strongly points towards the project being authentic. 

What do you think?

What did Shu tease? We're not none the wiser from just linking his twitter account.

deskpro2k3 said:
I'd prefer Sucker Punch make the next inFAMOUS. Aw well :(

I don't think that would be good.  

It's not healthy for them to be making the same series,  over and over again. Thet can get burnt out and lose motivation.  

Taking a break from infamous for spiderman would be really exciting for them.  A new and fresh experience with a huge ip.  

As someone said hopefully more of these exclusive licensing deals happen.  

Turkish said:
Bryank75 said:

What do you think?

What did Shu tease? We're not none the wiser from just linking his twitter account.