By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man by Sucker Punch... don't call it a comeback!

It's good? yeah but... I'm a fanboy of Infamous and I need more of it...

In Sony We Trust!

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Bryank75 said:

I noticed the first thread was closed due to the box art being "confirmed" fake.... however there is no smoke without fire and in the weeks following we saw teases from Shuhei on his twitter and evidence that a stuntman named "Oyoung" was working with Sony on motion capture for a spider-man project.

https://twitter.com/yosp?lang=en 

I have also had a small exchange with an employee of ND, his response to my statement strongly points towards the project being authentic. 

What do you think?

What did Shu tease? We're not none the wiser from just linking his twitter account.

Follow link, it is the same image he tweeted. Ambiguous...but why would he...

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwib8aamx9zMAhXCCcAKHemTCeYQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fyosp%2Fstatus%2F727826589174538241&psig=AFQjCNFLUBPCEj4F6UXlXqq0M1jeNn4_TA&ust=1463418074398682

This would be a shocker at E3. Kinda like Bloodborne where it's kinda there but it still floored people

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
This would be a shocker at E3. Kinda like Bloodborne where it's kinda there but it still floored people

Yeah, Spiderman hasn't been done right in years and he is still one of the biggest super-heros out there.... has mass appeal. 

If Sucker Punch knock it out of the park and I have no doubts about their ability to do so, this could be as big as Uncharted. 

Then when you look at the Line-up of first party games with Horizon, Dead don't Ride, TLG and this along with GT: Sport and GOW.... it takes shape. Shinobi was saying that Sony have put huge money behind Dead Don't Ride and it is meant to be a tent pole title now. It's not really horror btw. 

shikamaru317 said:

There's enough evidence backing it up now that it wouldn't surprise me. I'll give the game a chance, I've been waiting for another good Spider-man game ever since Spider-Man 2. Hopefully they will design Peter-Spidey well instead of making him obnoxious like the first reboot.

All Infamous games have been better than Spiderman 2. Sucker Punch nailed the gameplay with Second Son. This can be incredible.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ballas said:

All Infamous games have been better than Spiderman 2. Sucker Punch nailed the gameplay with Second Son. This can be incredible.

I'm sure the gameplay will be at least as good as Spider-Man 2, Sucker Punch has plenty of open world super power experience afterall. I'm more concerned about the writing and characters. I'm a big fan of the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy and I hated the Spider-Man reboot that Sony Pictures did, so I really hope that story/character wise the game will be more like the Raimi trilogy than the reboot. I assume that this will be a tie-in game to the 2nd Spider-Man film reboot, the one they teased with Spidey showing up in Captain America: Civil War.

Will likely be more or less in line with the MEU.... now that the character is integrated into the films. I am sure it will borrow heavily from key comics and his characterization in Civil War.

shikamaru317 said:
Ballas said:

I'm sure the gameplay will be at least as good as Spider-Man 2, Sucker Punch has plenty of open world super power experience afterall. I'm more concerned about the writing and characters. I'm a big fan of the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy and I hated the Spider-Man reboot that Sony Pictures did, so I really hope that story/character wise the game will be more like the Raimi trilogy than the reboot. I assume that this will be a tie-in game to the 2nd Spider-Man film reboot, the one they teased with Spidey showing up in Captain America: Civil War.

I hope they improve the writing too, that's one place where Infamous games have been behind. But the gameplay has been good enough to warrant a purchase.

But with Spiderman they have a lot of material to write a story on. Hope they do well this time. That can be the difference between a highly revelled and a merely good game as comic book fans usually look for great stories more than anything else.

This is bad news if they are working on a Spiderman game and taking a potential new IP Sucker Punch could of been working on.:(

Ballas said:
shikamaru317 said:

I hope they improve the writing too, that's one place where Infamous games have been behind. But the gameplay has been good enough to warrant a purchase.

But with Spiderman they have a lot of material to write a story on. Hope they do well this time. That can be the difference between a highly revelled and a merely good game as comic book fans usually look for great stories more than anything else.

I think it fills in many of the holes they had in Second son.... many of the complaints were that Delsin wasn't a great protagonist, karma system didn't really impact much and the story was weak.

I didn't think the end boss was very good and secondary characters were pretty much underdeveloped or just there. With most of the writing done for them now, just to cherry pick the best bits to suit the game and a huge wealth of secondary characters and antagonists to choose from.... this could be GOTY stuff. 

I mean the rogues gallery alone is massive for Spider-man, they just have to balance it well with the story. No boss like Joker in Asylum please....... LOL

Spider-man can reach way more people than Infamous. 

Sucker Punch is the perfect developer for Spiderman. I hope its something like the Ultimate Spiderman, that was amazing!!