By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony E3 hardware predictions. $350 PS4 Slim - $450 Neo (Bumped)

Do you agree?

Yes 36 19.05%

No 117 61.90%

Only Samual L "Moth... 36 19.05%

Total:189

Didnt Sony cut the PS2 price 100$ even when it was in the lead?
They have done so before when they where winning.
Saying they wont cut price that much, just becasue their selling better than the other guy atm, isnt a good reason why they wont do it now.

Im really hopeing they do a 249$.

Around the Network

I'm based in the UK, so don't know the in and outs of pricing in the states. What is the likelihood of the PS4 Slim being something like $279 rather than $299 or $249 or does it normally have to be $50 increments?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

I hope the NEO Specs that where leaked recently have been adjusted, it could use a faster/different processor and maybe even a bump in memory, when you want to offer 4k the textures are going to be bigger.

The NEO that leaked, would proberbly be between the 449-499 price range, but I would much rather see a neo that has a few upgrades and it between the 599-699 range, if you go high end then don't compromise.

The SlIM looks like its significantly cheaper so I project it will launch at lower then the suggested $350 that the OP predicts.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I think the slim should be $249 unless it has hardware upgrades to the ps4.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

malistix1985 said:
I hope the NEO Specs that where leaked recently have been adjusted, it could use a faster/different processor and maybe even a bump in memory, when you want to offer 4k the textures are going to be bigger.

The NEO that leaked, would proberbly be between the 449-499 price range, but I would much rather see a neo that has a few upgrades and it between the 599-699 range, if you go high end then don't compromise.

The SlIM looks like its significantly cheaper so I project it will launch at lower then the suggested $350 that the OP predicts.

I honestly think thats missing the intire point of what a console is.

Consoles arnt supposed to cost 700$ or anywhere close to that.

That would be a bad sign for the industry, those guys in charge have lost it, if someone does that.

If scorpio launches and its over 500$ its dead in the water in my opinion.

Sony will probably at highest go 449$.

Which honestly is fine for a 4.2-4.5 teraflop machine.

The visuals the PS4 is capable of are good enough, that you cant really argue for the need of something that much stronger (price matters).

Its suicide to build a 700$ console.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
malistix1985 said:

I honestly think thats missing the intire point of what a console is.

Consoles arnt supposed to cost 700$ or anywhere close to that.

That would be a bad sign for the industry, those guys in charge have lost it, if someone does that.

If scorpio launches and its over 500$ its dead in the water in my opinion.

Sony will probably at highest go 449$.

Which honestly is fine for a 4.2-4.5 teraflop machine.

The visuals the PS4 is capable of are good enough, that you cant really argue for the need of something that much stronger (price matters).

Its suicide to build a 700$ console.

I agree, especially if we are looking at new consoles every 3 years.

If the slim is coming in at $349 there is no way that a console with the latest chip, which has been custom designed for MS to give 6TF, more than 5 times the power of the original will cost any less than $599 unless MS wants to take a big loss per console sold.

Slim: $250
Neo: $350 - $400 (more likely $400 to create a bigger value gap)

The PS5 Exists. 

JRPGfan said:
Saying they wont cut price that much, just becasue their selling better than the other guy atm, isnt a good reason why they wont do it now.

Yes the first price cut was $100. The price cuts after that were smaller. Sony now have to keep the holiday in mind. You have to be far more aggressive with your deal these days or get swallowed up by the competition. To me it makes sense to be $300 and temp price to $250 for the holiday. 

SWORDF1SH said:
JRPGfan said:

Yes the first price cut was $100. The price cuts after that were smaller. Sony now have to keep the holiday in mind. You have to be far more aggressive with your deal these days or get swallowed up by the competition. To me it makes sense to be $300 and temp price to $250 for the holiday. 

Or just to go 249$ and stick with it.

Holidays will be won, and sales afterwards will be fantastic as well.

JRPGfan said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Or just to go 249$ and stick with it.

Holidays will be won, and sales afterwards will be fantastic as well.

They could do. It depends on their forecasts for both strategies and what's best for them and profit. They will be crunching some numbers.