By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do we need oversight for game reviews?

That would be a dangerous game. Who would be in control of such a system?

The publishers? Hell no! They'll take any ability to give them to stamp out anything less then a pefect 10.
A neutral third party? They wouldn't stay neutral for long.
Consumers? They're ill equipt.

Just remember, one persons reasonable reivew is another persons "outragous click-bait"

And I echo other sentiments that metacritic isn't he problem, just how people use metacritic. I learned a long time ago that an averaged number based on EVERYONE'S reviews isn't a useful to me as the opinions of two or three critics whom I know think along similar lines to me, who I can follow and get the information I need.

Around the Network

So we want a review of the reviewers? makes sense. but good luck with that.

And as for the 4/10 score? I don't know. but to me a 4/10 simply means below average. All I can say to that is that if that reviewer feels uncharted is below average, then I will kill to see what he gives an 8 or dare I say a 10.

I do find it funny how some attribute the praise and scores uncharted is getting to "hype" though. That's just a different kinda sad. I think credit should be given where credit is due.

i so think there is a simple way to fix this though.

sites like MC should do away with user reviews, but implement a user consent system instead. Basically. users can only thumb up or down reviews that make up the metacritic score. reviews that get Down voted to oblivion indicate that they don't allign with user consensus and get removed from the total review tally.

win win if you ask me. And a great way to do away with click bait reviews.

AEGRO said:
Chazore said:

So because he gave it a 4 it somehow means his opion/tastes are invalid and shit?, because that's generally what I'm getting from folk who lose their minds over the few people who aren't on board the hype train these days.

We're entitled to our opinion and that's generally all there is to it, not we're entitled but when you score it lower you're some mentally challenged retard.

Yes.

There is a BIG difference between the people that complains about a 9, and this specific situation.

As a "professional" game reviewer, there is absolutely NO possible way that a game like Uncharted 4 could score a 4 out of 10.

In what aspects is he basing his score?

How do you rate a game? Presentation, Sound, Graphics, Replayability, etc.

How in the fucking hell he ended up with a 4 out of 10? You tell me. 

There are parameters that every reviewer has to follow, he obviously followed none.

Yes there is a possible way that Uncharted is a 4.

I agree with it. If you are restrictive with your scores, like the movie reviewers are, a typical Hollywood blockbuster gets 2/5 (=4/10). If you think Uncharted 4 is similar to a Hollywood blockbuster, brings nothing new to the table and has important elements that you don't particularly like, 4/10 is a perfectly reasonable score.

Game Reviews: Civil War

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
AEGRO said:

Yes.

There is a BIG difference between the people that complains about a 9, and this specific situation.

As a "professional" game reviewer, there is absolutely NO possible way that a game like Uncharted 4 could score a 4 out of 10.

In what aspects is he basing his score?

How do you rate a game? Presentation, Sound, Graphics, Replayability, etc.

How in the fucking hell he ended up with a 4 out of 10? You tell me. 

There are parameters that every reviewer has to follow, he obviously followed none.

I agree with it. If you are restrictive with your scores, like the movie reviewers are, a typical Hollywood blockbuster gets 2/5 (=4/10). If you think Uncharted 4 is similar to a Hollywood blockbuster, brings nothing new to the table and has important elements that you don't particularly like, 4/10 is a perfectly reasonable score.

I strongly disagree with your opinion.

I respect it tho.

I agree. There are WAY too many 10s.

AEGRO said:
Slimebeast said:

I strongly disagree with your opinion.

I respect it tho.

Thanks, I am glad that you had the stomach to say that you respect it.

No, we just need to collectively be aware of who is worth taking seriously and who isn't

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

pokoko said:
I agree. There are WAY too many 10s.

YEAH! If we're really going to have a comittee look through our reviewers (comic idea), our first priority should be to look over all the perfect 10s that are given, shouldn't it?!