By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World dated

BengaBenga said:

I especially didn't like Raine and Genis' whole Half-Elf bit though. They'd been pretending to be full Elves for years and were doing a great job at it until you hit a certain point in the game, then everyone and their pet dog can point out that they're not full-blooded Elves.

Yeah, it's funny how small things can really ruin an experience. I didn't have any trouble with that particular one.
In Radiant Dawn you all of a sudden have Eliyana in Ike's team, while just before she was in Micaiahs party without any explanation. That bothered me a lot.

You noticed that too? I couldn't figure out where she came from and I don't remember it ever really being explained. It's like Illyana teleported across the continent just to appear in your team...

Around the Network

you broke VGC rule #1... slash

Soriku post all Tales info.... heck, Soriku post all info that could be halfway RPG related.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Words Of Wisdom said:
BengaBenga said:

I especially didn't like Raine and Genis' whole Half-Elf bit though. They'd been pretending to be full Elves for years and were doing a great job at it until you hit a certain point in the game, then everyone and their pet dog can point out that they're not full-blooded Elves.

Yeah, it's funny how small things can really ruin an experience. I didn't have any trouble with that particular one.
In Radiant Dawn you all of a sudden have Eliyana in Ike's team, while just before she was in Micaiahs party without any explanation. That bothered me a lot.

You noticed that too? I couldn't figure out where she came from and I don't remember it ever really being explained. It's like Illyana teleported across the continent just to appear in your team...

I know, that really wasn't all that well explained. I believe that the reason is that Ilyana supposedly travels with that convoy that sells you weapons and items... although the game never really explains how THEY got from Daein either! Oh well, at least Ilyana provides a means to transfer items from Part I to Part III.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Sullla said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
BengaBenga said:

I know, that really wasn't all that well explained. I believe that the reason is that Ilyana supposedly travels with that convoy that sells you weapons and items... although the game never really explains how THEY got from Daein either! Oh well, at least Ilyana provides a means to transfer items from Part I to Part III.

Yeah, I would have really liked her had Thunder magic not been so weak compared the other magics.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Yeah, I would have really liked her had Thunder magic not been so weak compared the other magics.

So true! I wonder why more people don't seem to realize that the whole magic triangle was completely broken in Radiant Dawn. In order to explain, here's how the three (wind, fire, thunder) worked in Path of Radiance:

Wind: Low damage, High accuracy
Fire: Medium damage, Medium accuracy
Thunder: High damage, Low accuracy

It's a simple but effective tradeoff between power and skill between the three. Yet for no apparent reason, the designers designed to cripple Thunder magic in the Wii sequel:

Wind: Medium damage, High accuracy
Fire: High damage, Medium accuracy
Thunder: Low damage, Low accuracy

So why would anyone use Thunder magic anymore? I have no idea. It does have the highest critical rate, although since that's still only 5-10%, it's way too low to be relied upon. The ONLY thing that Thunder magic is useful for is killing dragons, and that only applies to a single level in the whole game. Um, thanks. Someone was smoking the crackpipe when they made this design decision...

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Sullla said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
BengaBenga said:

Yep, Ilyana was imprisoned with the salesmen, but how Ike contacted them and how they end up in Gallia all of a sudden is one big mystery.

I never used Ilyana in Ike's team, except where needed. She's just to weak.

This thread suddenly turned into a Fire Emblem thread. Reminds me that we should have a seperate one. There have been a few lately, but not a single one where stats and such can be discussed.

Will do that now, so the Tales of Symphonia thread can be cleansed from this SRPG influence.

This is part of the reason I bought a Wii....

The only other Wii game I own is Fire Emblem so I'm really looking forward to Tales.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Riot Of The Blood said:
BengaBenga said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
kingofwale said:
wow, that's quick, this will most likely be the best RPG out this gen so far.

You got good jokes.

*Ignore 360 RPGS: ON*

But I think ToS2 will be at least be competitive to Lost Odyssee and Blue Dragon. ToS was (imo) the best RPG last gen.

I doubt it. Lost Odyssey is far and beyond what can be done on the Wii. We all know 360 and PS3 are on a whole different level than the Wii.

/joking?  /sarcasm? 

America will get this during the Holidays and Europe probably Q1 of 2009.

routsounmanman said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
BengaBenga said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
kingofwale said:
wow, that's quick, this will most likely be the best RPG out this gen so far.

You got good jokes.

*Ignore 360 RPGS: ON*

But I think ToS2 will be at least be competitive to Lost Odyssee and Blue Dragon. ToS was (imo) the best RPG last gen.

I doubt it. Lost Odyssey is far and beyond what can be done on the Wii. We all know 360 and PS3 are on a whole different level than the Wii.

/joking?  /sarcasm? 

Lol it's Riot of the Blood, what do you think? 

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!