By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Neo will outsell X1 (all models) LTD by end of gen? Also : Stategy

Will the Neo alone outsell X1?

Yes 79 54.48%

No 34 23.45%

Maybe 17 11.72%

Waffles 15 10.34%

Total:145

^ Haha :) Yeah the PS4+ doesn't really have much of anything to do with PSTV or PSP Go, unless it suddenly is missing a BD drive. Which it won't, Sony will want to push BD4K to help sell the 4K discs.

The more I think about it, I am pretty sure that :

(1)- Sony won't 'overmarket' the new PS4. They won't want to derail the train by intentionally bringing up a rift in the gen. So I expect some understated marketing at most, and probably more focused on media and design rather than performance. And we know that they've ruled out Neo only games.

(2)- The Neo will outright replace all PS4s on shelves no later than 1 year after introduction, and quite probably sooner than that if they have things lined up properly. Just from a retailer standpoint having more hardware SKUs in the distribution and store level is a headache. And of course from a production standpoint it's definitely more expensive to make both models, so we'll probably see a selloff as they run out the contracts and production stockpiles of PS4 vanilla.

And for those that think they will want to continue on with dual models, why? To sell one for $249-$299, and the other at $349-$449? Nah. PS4 Neo will be $299 or less within a year, and be the only model available. For a time we will see the dual pricing, but it won't be for long at all, and I'd really be outright shocked if they went above $299/399 for the selloff period.