By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Minecraft for PS Vita tops one million sales in Japan

twintail said:
Cloudman said:

Well, no, this isn't about comparing Minecraft to sales on other devices, but more so that it's, well... Minecraft! It's one of the big hit games to come out, so my expectations are just higher considering what the game is.

Do you mean that Vita MC sales are better than the other platforms in Japan? From the sales I looked up, the other platforms sold more than the Vita did.

I did say later those number are pretty good considering the region and platform.

Sales of MC on all 3 PS devices is not even 1.65 million and Vita alone covers a million of that.

Nintendo and MS family sales don't even come close to that. 

Vita version of MC is clearly the most popular. 

Well, I assume you mean in Japan only, since WW it is the lower selling one, only about the Wii U likely, but at this point, we're just going off topic.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
twintail said:

The connection between Minecraft sales on vita and other software seems pretty unjustified here outside of trying to paint a bad picture of the device.

MC vita is the best selling version of the game on a tracked gaming device. Better than PS3, PS4, WiiU.

mc isn't as popular in Japan as it is elsewhere, and even then many ppl play it on PC or on mobile.

These sales are in fact really good taking into account vita hardware sales and hencurrent popularity level of MC in Japan. 

Keep in mind that the Wii-U version of MC is only out digitally until June 17th later this year, and the PS3/4 versions of the game were a far better deal to buy digitally because if you bought the PS3 version digitally you were able to buy a discounted PS4 copy if you upgraded later on (think it was around €3 I paid for the PS4 version).

I'm just saying tracking of the game is fairly hard on most systems with digital sales having a massive advantage over their retail versions... or in the Wii-U case, there isn't a retail copy just yet.

Off topic point btw! if anyone happens to have either PS3/Vita version and is thinking... why is the PS4 version more costly, it's huge in comparison, the game worlds you can make are far far larger than the single map size which the PS3/Vita and X360 versions are limited to, can get super lost in it!

I don't if the upgrade program exists in Japan, but the staggered physical release was the same for all platforms? I know the Vita version launched in October 2014, and the physical release came March 2015.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Minecraft is a beast! If it can sell 1 million on an almost dead platform in one market, that's certainly impressive. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

Minecraft is a beast! If it can sell 1 million on an almost dead platform in one market, that's certainly impressive. 

The vita is far from dead in Japan but your point is very valid.  On a WW basis you could definitely call it dead I suppose