By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Nintendo's holding off of officially revealing NX ultimately helpful or hurtful to Nintendo?

Is waiting past E3 to reveal NX a good thing for Nintendo?

Yes 120 38.71%

No 152 49.03%

See results 38 12.26%

Total:310
Miyamotoo said:

Appsolutely. It wouldnt be good move to reveal NX at E3 with all that other huge news like VR, PS4.5, new Xbox, other huge games...
IMO best way is to reveal NX sometime after E3 at separate event where they will have all attention and all time only for itself, same like PS/MS done with PS4/XB1.
Today there is no need to reveal your console (or any other technical device) year and half earlier before launch, you can revile just 6 months earlier make huge hype and great marketing that will lead to good launch.

1: It's not going to release in a year and a half, it's going to in 10 months. By next month during E3 time it will be 9.

2: I can show proof where consoles that were revealed 9 months + have sold amazing. In fact the two best selling consoles of all time have been shown off a year and a half before release. This is not a reason to have your brand stagnate for two years, and the PS4 (on it's way to being the 3rd best selling platform of all time) has also been revealed in this time frame.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Nintendo didn't get to where they are by luck...no matter what Nintendo translates to. They continually were ahead of their time in everything they did. Of course, they had slip ups but who hasn't right? I trust their judgement, there must be something they see that we don't or something that requires NX to launch the way it is planned to launch.

I agree, but "where they are" isn't always good, especially when looking at hardware and marketing. In fact i would go as far as to say that these are their two biggest areas they need vast improvement on.

teigaga said:

I think its a good thing. More attention to themselves, no attention being drawn away towards PS4.5 or the 100s of games at E3. Gives them time to prepare fully as I presume they are not.

In terms of damage to their brand, its been done already, for like the past 4 years. Skipping E3 this year won't do them much more harm, especially since Zelda U alone is bigger than all of the E3 games they had playable last year combined. 

Either way the difference is negligable. 

But they aren't gaining either, and this is where the problem truly lies. 13 million is surely NOT what they are aiming for with NX, and yet it seems as if keeping the 13 million they have now isn't a priority, lol. 

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Appsolutely. It wouldnt be good move to reveal NX at E3 with all that other huge news like VR, PS4.5, new Xbox, other huge games...
IMO best way is to reveal NX sometime after E3 at separate event where they will have all attention and all time only for itself, same like PS/MS done with PS4/XB1.
Today there is no need to reveal your console (or any other technical device) year and half earlier before launch, you can revile just 6 months earlier make huge hype and great marketing that will lead to good launch.

1: It's not going to release in a year and a half, it's going to in 10 months. By next month during E3 time it will be 9.

2: I can show proof where consoles that were revealed 9 months + have sold amazing. In fact the two best selling consoles of all time have been shown off a year and a half before release. This is not a reason to have your brand stagnate for two years, and the PS4 (on it's way to being the 3rd best selling platform of all time) has also been revealed in this time frame.

1. Again, It wouldnt be good move to reveal NX at E3 with all that other huge news like VR, PS4.5, new Xbox, other huge games...best way is to reveal NX sometime after E3 at separate event where they will have all attention and all time only for itself, same like PS/MS done with PS4/XB1.best way is to reveal NX sometime after E3 at separate event where they will have all attention and all time only for itself, same like PS/MS done with PS4/XB1.

2. Yes you can, but that doesnt work any more in modern time where technical devices are reviled just few months before launch and where people are buying and changing technical devices much more frequent than ever before. Just look revile and launch of last 3 consoles, Wii U was reviled 1.5 year before launch and totally failed, PS4/XB1 had revile 9-6 monts and they had great revile na great launch.

bigtakilla said:
teigaga said:

I think its a good thing. More attention to themselves, no attention being drawn away towards PS4.5 or the 100s of games at E3. Gives them time to prepare fully as I presume they are not.

In terms of damage to their brand, its been done already, for like the past 4 years. Skipping E3 this year won't do them much more harm, especially since Zelda U alone is bigger than all of the E3 games they had playable last year combined. 

Either way the difference is negligable. 

But they aren't gaining either, and this is where the problem truly lies. 13 million is surely NOT what they are aiming for with NX, and yet it seems as if keeping the 13 million they have now isn't a priority, lol. 

what do you think is best for them going forward, release a couple extra late life Wii U games or have a couple extra year one NX games?

Wii U is a failure and nothing is going to stop that, NX is their future and ensuring that it has a strong start is and should be their number 1 priority.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

what do you think is best for them going forward, release a couple extra late life Wii U games or have a couple extra year one NX games?

Wii U is a failure and nothing is going to stop that, NX is their future and ensuring that it has a strong start is and should be their number 1 priority.

Do something NOW. I don't care if it's release more WIi U games, or simply show some NX games but do SOMETHING. While the gaming world is moving forward with their consoles, and showing games, and upgraded hardware, and virtual reality, and price drops, and 3rd party partnerships  what is Nintendo doing? Showing us the worse version of an upcoming game announced two years prior.... Why? 

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

1. Again, It wouldnt be good move to reveal NX at E3 with all that other huge news like VR, PS4.5, new Xbox, other huge games...best way is to reveal NX sometime after E3 at separate event where they will have all attention and all time only for itself, same like PS/MS done with PS4/XB1.best way is to reveal NX sometime after E3 at separate event where they will have all attention and all time only for itself, same like PS/MS done with PS4/XB1.

2. Yes you can, but that doesnt work any more in modern time where technical devices are reviled just few months before launch and where people are buying and changing technical devices much more frequent than ever before. Just look revile and launch of last 3 consoles, Wii U was reviled 1.5 year before launch and totally failed, PS4/XB1 had revile 9-6 monts and they had great revile na great launch.

1: So hold their breath till when? Both Microsoft and Sony announced BEFORE E3 so they could dedicate the show to the games coming out at E3. VERY smart move. Nintendo is holding their breath for some magical date where everyone is going to care about Nintendo?.... After a year + of not being relevant to the gaming world..... Why is this a good idea, or more likely how?...

2: PS4 released 2 and a half years ago...... Times haven't changed that much.... NX if announced now would only be 10 months away, lol.

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

Do something NOW. I don't care if it's release more WIi U games, or simply show some NX games but do SOMETHING. While the gaming world is moving forward with their consoles, and showing games, and upgraded hardware, and virtual reality, and price drops, and 3rd party partnerships  what is Nintendo doing? Showing us the worse version of an upcoming game announced two years prior.... Why? 

Having their own event at a seperate date than E3 allows them to avoid sharing the spotlight with all those things, it allows them to be the center of attention instead of fighting for attention at an event that is losing relevance.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Jon-Erich said:
Arlo said:
The amount of time it's stagnated is not okay. If they hadn't mentioned the system YEARS ago, I'd be more inclined to believe that a reveal shortly after E3 wouldn't be so bad. But we've been sitting here twiddling our thumbs for too long, and things at Nintendo are in bad shape. They need to do all they can to bring the hype, and they need to do it NOW. No more waiting, no more secrets.

Years ago? What are you talking about? NX was first mentioned in March of last year. Even when they did mention it, they had very little choice. They had announced their their mobile initiative at the same time and had they mentioned mobile without mentioning their future console plans, that would have led to speculation that Nintendo was discontinuing Wii U and 3DS.

You're right, I misremembered--it was a year and change.  I still think that'a way too long for them to be silent about it though.

Arlo said:
Jon-Erich said:

Years ago? What are you talking about? NX was first mentioned in March of last year. Even when they did mention it, they had very little choice. They had announced their their mobile initiative at the same time and had they mentioned mobile without mentioning their future console plans, that would have led to speculation that Nintendo was discontinuing Wii U and 3DS.

You're right, I misremembered--it was a year and change.  I still think that'a way too long for them to be silent about it though.

no, people just got way too worked up over a 2 letter codename. Nintendo had stated they were working on the new console before that and nobody cared, then they said the same thing at the mobile announcement but this time it had the codename "NX" and all shit broke loose.