By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Nintendo's holding off of officially revealing NX ultimately helpful or hurtful to Nintendo?

Is waiting past E3 to reveal NX a good thing for Nintendo?

Yes 120 38.71%

No 152 49.03%

See results 38 12.26%

Total:310
Nem said:
zorg1000 said:

It is also unrealistic to think that Nintendo hadnt started working on NX before they revealed the codename last year.

Back in May 2014, Iwata said they plan to redefine gaming in about 2 years. Based on that it is safe to say they had been planning on releasing on console in 2016 since before May 2014, the launch got pushed back which gives devs certain Nintendo teams up to 3 years to work on these games.

That is an estimate. They would have started a few months earlier. It doesn't change anything major in terms of the timeline. 

Yes, yes... i know exactly what you said on this, what i said on it and who was right in the end. 2016 was never realistic. You just have to be seeing this industry for a while to know that. 

NX is beeing rushed. The idea that Nintendo is holding back is ludicrous. Maybe they thought they could miraculously pull it off, but then they would be as misguided as the fandom.

I mean... how many times were Nintendo games delayed on the Wii U. You think they are miraculously going to become efficient? The laughs...

What isn't rushed by Nintendo?

They're the friend you have that no matter how many times you tell them to be ready early, they're always scrambling to get ready when you go over to their house to pick them up. Doesn't matter if you give them 30 minutes to get ready or 2 hours.

NX is not rushed, 2 1/2-3 years to plan and execute a console, especially one that isn't even cutting edge, is doable for most companies, Nintendo is just gonna Nintendo.

The last time they ever launched anything that felt like "yeah, OK they had a proper amount of time to do this" was like maybe the Super NES in 1991, and that's only because they had almost a full year after the Japanese launch for that.

Around the Network

Hope NX would have the Super Famicom colored buttons. good throwback and keep that type of button layout and be a more straight forward controller.

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

So what have the EAD teams (besides the LoZ team), and Retro been doing for the past 2 years? Paper Mario? Nope Intelligent Systems is making that.... .Sooo......

Sooo...what? They are working on their new projects. But none of it is anywhere near ready. All teams have released their projects only a year or so ago. Retro and 3D mario team have been working on the tools/engines no doubt. Wich is why their projects will have a 3 year cycle.

Thing aren't ready. Just accept it.

You seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions. I mean, if they aren't anywhere NEAR ready I'm figuring you don't expect an announcement anytime soon. When do you expect to see an announcement?

bigtakilla said:
Nem said:

Sooo...what? They are working on their new projects. But none of it is anywhere near ready. All teams have released their projects only a year or so ago. Retro and 3D mario team have been working on the tools/engines no doubt. Wich is why their projects will have a 3 year cycle.

Thing aren't ready. Just accept it.

You seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions. I mean, if they aren't anywhere NEAR ready I'm figuring you don't expect an announcement anytime soon. When do you expect to see an announcement?

The announcement will come as soon as they have something worthwhile to show.

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

A long time from now appearently, right.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Nem said:

How the eff should i know precisely when it is? It is somewhere in the next 6 months.

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

How the eff should i know precisely when it is? It is somewhere in the next 6 months.

Just saying they aren't anywhere near finished with their software "They are working on their new projects. But none of it is anywhere near ready. " 

bigtakilla said:
Nem said:

Just saying they aren't anywhere near finished with their software "They are working on their new projects. But none of it is anywhere near ready. " 

You realise there a year till the date they announced right? Usually projects take 2 years. That means they are at 50%. Is 50% almost finished or something?

Look, this conversation is pointless at this point. Just be patient. I know you aren't, but try.

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

You realise there a year till the date they announced right? Usually projects take 2 years. That means they are at 50%. Is 50% almost finished or something?

Look, this conversation is pointless at this point. Just be patient. I know you aren't, but try.

True, I'm no longer patient with Nintendo making stupid decisions.

bigtakilla said:
Nem said:

True, I'm no longer patient with Nintendo making stupid decisions.

I would agree with you there. But i think rushing the NX is the stupid decision.

We are saying all this and it may even be some useless contraption. /shrugs