By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Nintendo's holding off of officially revealing NX ultimately helpful or hurtful to Nintendo?

Is waiting past E3 to reveal NX a good thing for Nintendo?

Yes 120 38.71%

No 152 49.03%

See results 38 12.26%

Total:310
se7en7thre3 said:
archer9234 said:

I'm gonna say helpful. Why? Because a company wouldn't waste these important release times and info revealing points, for no reason. The NX games are in no shape to be shown. Can you imagine revealing the system. And only have one or two games there. 

I'd agree if NX got delayed by a year.  But the release got 3-4 months pushed back, so it sounds more of a manufacturing issue, and/or possibly some things to finalize in sw. Nintendo just chose to bypass E3 and avoid press competition.  If NX games cannot be shown due to lack of progress like you claim, then we are talking a holiday '17 release at the earliest.

Which would be the majority of the the first year releases. We don't get a lot, at launch. Which would still keep them from showing anything now. At most, for NX, would be filled with ports. Yeah, that would be really great to show off with...

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Nem said:

Yeah... they would have bad rushed footage that looked terribly unfinished. That would've helped! /rolleyes

Disagree all you want. You have to base your deductions on plausability. They are not ready. That is why they aren't showing it. Remember they even promised to show it at E3 this year? You think they pulled it out for no good reason? Cmon...

So Pikmin 4  (which has supposedly been done for the past year) isn't ready to show? Or Zelda NX which they've had to have been working on the NX version since at least last year) isn't? What about that Retro game they've been working on since.... 3 or 4 YEARS now. Or third party games, you know they can show the PC version, Xbone, or PS4 version or whatever architecture is the closest (the game won't be built from the ground up on NX anyways and also is a practice that is done ALL THE TIME). Yeah, they got absolutely nothing they could show /rollseyes.

The twilight princess port took a year. This means that if NX is the same you got a couple of months of development. The game probably isn't even in a working form.

Honestly, stop assuming these things are done in one evening. Programming is very time consuming process. Things don't happen in 3 months.

As for Pikmin 4, it can still be Wii U for all we know. They are just showing Zelda because Zelda is the only thing that is probably coming for the NX that they can show (even if i a different version).

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

So Pikmin 4  (which has supposedly been done for the past year) isn't ready to show? Or Zelda NX which they've had to have been working on the NX version since at least last year) isn't? What about that Retro game they've been working on since.... 3 or 4 YEARS now. Or third party games, you know they can show the PC version, Xbone, or PS4 version or whatever architecture is the closest (the game won't be built from the ground up on NX anyways and also is a practice that is done ALL THE TIME). Yeah, they got absolutely nothing they could show /rollseyes.

The twilight princess port took a year. This means that if NX is the same you got a couple of months of development. The game probably isn't even in a working form.

Honestly, stop assuming these things are done in one evening. Programming is very time consuming process. Things don't happen in 3 months.

As for Pikmin 4, it can still be Wii U for all we know. They are just showing Zelda because Zelda is the only thing that is probably coming for the NX that they can show (even if i a different version).

You're assuming the move took place during the end of 2015? I doubt it, they probably knew about it very early in 2015 this was going to happen, why else would the 2015 E3 only focus on games coming out that year. Nobody just does that.

This has been in the works for a good year and few months. 

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

Nintendo's internal teams haven't been doing shit for the last two years. If they don't have anything in even a playable state at this juncture, I doubt they can even make a 2018 launch. Have fun with smartphone games and 3DS.

Soundwave said:
Nem said:

Nintendo's internal teams haven't been doing shit for the last two years. If they don't have anything in even a playable state at this juncture, I doubt they can even make a 2018 launch. Have fun with smartphone games and 3DS.

Especially a port. If they can't get a port of a game they are creating in a playable state in a year and a few months (reasons for this time frame was given above), then people need to be fired.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:

Especially a port. If they can't get a port of a game they are creating in a playable state in a year and a few months (reasons for this time frame was given above), then people need to be fired.

This is all unrealistic once more.

You guys think these things are done way quickly. You forget that Nintendo wasnt planning to release a new system this early. This project started early last year when it was first unveiled to ease worries about mobile development. The hardware itself can't have existed as a prototype since late last year when rumors of dev kits first started. They have had 6 months to actually work on NX stuff, wich probably has been migration of Wii U projects. As i tire of saying... only retro and 3D mario team can have anything to show at this point, and i'm sure they don't want to show half assed stuff.

You guys are living the fantasy if you think they have anything ready. This is all beeing rushed and it will be a disaster. Nintendo is not holding anything back. They are desperate.

Nintendo didnt expect the PS4.5 and the Xbox1.5 so I think it will be the same story again for Nintendo. They need IP's like Metroid that maybe will not make them profits but in the end create a bigger installed base thats interesting enough to attract 3rd-parties

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

You guys think these things are done way quickly. You forget that Nintendo wasnt planning to release a new system this early. This project started early last year when it was first unveiled to ease worries about mobile development. The hardware itself can't have existed as a prototype since late last year when rumors of dev kits first started. They have had 6 months to actually work on NX stuff, wich probably has been migration of Wii U projects. As i tire of saying... only retro and 3D mario team can have anything to show at this point, and i'm sure they don't want to show half assed stuff.

You guys are living the fantasy if you think they have anything ready. This is all beeing rushed and it will be a disaster. Nintendo is not holding anything back. They are desperate.

So what have the EAD teams (besides the LoZ team), and Retro been doing for the past 2 years? Paper Mario? Nope Intelligent Systems is making that.... .Sooo......

Viktor said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
It's a good thing for Sony as I got sick of waiting and bought a PS4.
As a long time Nintendo fan I expect delays. I would have a heart attack if Nintendo actually met a release date.

Uncharted 4, Horizon, Gran Tourismo, Everybodies Golf, Gravity Rush 2 the ridiculous situation with Last Guardian... Sony aren´t shy of delays either. And how many times and years did they have shown off their VR device? Get some perspective before spouting hypocritical things.

I never said Sony doesn't have delays. Yes they suffer from them too.

But they have games right now I can enjoy playing while the NX RUMOR APOCALYPSE continues.

All of us have been sentenced to ten more months of NX rumors. I will ease my sentence by enjoying some Sony games.  

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

It is also unrealistic to think that Nintendo hadnt started working on NX before they revealed the codename last year.

Back in May 2014, Iwata said they plan to redefine gaming in about 2 years. Based on that it is safe to say they had been planning on releasing on console in 2016 since before May 2014, the launch got pushed back which gives devs certain Nintendo teams up to 3 years to work on these games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.