By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I feel like Uncharted 4 is the perfect game for people that alreadly think Uncharted is perfect.

how about you finish the game first.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
how about you finish the game first.

This thread will continue as I play!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'm loving it, though I'm only two chapters in. It's equal parts ridiculous camp (that boat scene in the beginning is so bad it's amazing, I love it) and entertaining plot. Hopefully it can stand up to 2 well.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Intrinsic said:
KLAMarine said:

That needs to happen. An open-world Uncharted where it's not so much about storytelling, it's about exploration. You go around treasure-hunting, solving puzzles, racing against other treasure hunters, fighting against criminal organizations, and running into locked-away evils.

Eveeything you mentioned sounds like a copy and paste of uncharted tho. 

The reason why uncharted used scenes or chapters is cause if you were to make an open world game where you actually have to travel from location to location exploring and solving puzzles.....well, it won't be uncharted or an action adventure game anymore. it would be an RPG. 

Anyways. the way I see uncharted is that it's more about the sum of its parts. the only thing uncharted has really ever excelled in is presentation. But all its gameplay mechanics while ok are above average at best but not great. That's always been the case with uncharted. And I think there is nothing wrong with that. 

I don't recall the open world part in previous Uncharteds. Been a while.

Mr Puggsly said:
KLAMarine said:

That needs to happen. An open-world Uncharted where it's not so much about storytelling, it's about exploration. You go around treasure-hunting, solving puzzles, racing against other treasure hunters, fighting against criminal organizations, and running into locked-away evils.

Ya know, people say the new Tomb Raider games are a clone of Uncharted but what you're saying is basically what makes Tomb Raider and Uncharted so different. TR is that open world game that puts more focus on gameplay, exploration, improving your gear, solving puzzles, etc.

If the Uncharted series does continue, that's the direction I want it to go as well.

Please no upgradeable gear, annoying gimmick. I haven't played the new TR yet, hope there is a lot more actual dungeon exploration and less collecting stuff. Gameplay is subjective though, Uncharted 2 and TLoU strike a perfect balance to me. The tombraider reboot felt like a lesser version of FC3 to me. Dunno why people keep comparing it to Uncharted as it's much closer to a more linear version of Far cry to me.

Anyway Uncharted is done now, a sequel to the last of us might be good. Hopefully not too much open world as that always dilutes the story telling. One of the reasons I still haven't touched MGS5 yet.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
binary solo said:
So in terms of new gameplay mechanics, how is the chest high foliage for stealth implemented? Does it fit in well, like with Shadow of Mordor, or does it feel gimmicky?

Is chest high foliage to 8th gen what the chest high wall was to the 7th gen?

In the past I've argued the Tomb Raider 2013 and RotTR are much better in the gameplay department than the Uncharted series, I continue to stand by that right now.

Interesting. Of course I've not played RotTR yet, but I liked TR2013 gameplay a lot, however I see UC and TR as being on opposite ends of their respective gameplay spectrums. They both have mostly the same gameplay elements, but emphasis is different in these series. I like both equally over all.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

SvennoJ said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Ya know, people say the new Tomb Raider games are a clone of Uncharted but what you're saying is basically what makes Tomb Raider and Uncharted so different. TR is that open world game that puts more focus on gameplay, exploration, improving your gear, solving puzzles, etc.

If the Uncharted series does continue, that's the direction I want it to go as well.

Please no upgradeable gear, annoying gimmick. I haven't played the new TR yet, hope there is a lot more actual dungeon exploration and less collecting stuff. Gameplay is subjective though, Uncharted 2 and TLoU strike a perfect balance to me. The tombraider reboot felt like a lesser version of FC3 to me. Dunno why people keep comparing it to Uncharted as it's much closer to a more linear version of Far cry to me.

Anyway Uncharted is done now, a sequel to the last of us might be good. Hopefully not too much open world as that always dilutes the story telling. One of the reasons I still haven't touched MGS5 yet.

I agree with you about the upgradable gear in the TR reboot. It felt like a token thing to pan out the exploration and the length of the game. It also felt unnecessary because you can upgrade each weapon once or twice then you didn't have to think about that feature for the rest of the game. Maybe it's helpful in higher difficulties? I don't know. I don't know how important it is in the new game either because I haven't played it, but I would have preferred if It wasn't also trying to be Farcry. 

OT: I like Uncharted 4. It's a good game. But there is nothing original about the gameplay. That's fine though because its one of the most polished games around. Naughty Dog can create a good sense of "game feel" in their controls ever since they made Crash back in the 90s. 

.- -... -.-. -..

There are only a handful of users on this site that would post a thread like this.

Puggsly is one of them.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Aren't you the user who basically wanted Uncharted to be TR?

Personally, I'd rather let TR be TR and Uncharted...but hey, opinions and all that.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm only 8 chapters in and its good, its really good. But the most part, its a more narrative driven of what we've seen in the past.

Based on what I've read, I'm about 1/3 into the game and I look forward to playing more. But I think I came into this wanting this to take gameplay to a new level and it doesn't quite do that so far. Graphics and story telling though, top notch stuff.

Maybe I've played too much AC, because I feel like I'm in linear version of that with average gunplay... and things have to be constantly moved so I can climb them.

Edit: Made a tweak to the thread title.

I would say that that Uncharted sounds perfect for people who already thought TLOU was perfect.  The chance of pase and increase in narriative are qualities that ND brought over from TLOU.