By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Persona 5 (Re-Updated): gameplay footage, prologue anime, new trailer & release date (Japan)

KazumaKiryu said:

Its coming ! E3 2016 with Persona 5 !!

Japan-Cover:

Amazing cover!!

but who's the brown-haired guy? I hope they say more about him in the future.

Adieu is best girl

Around the Network

I'm just hoping that the english translation will be good, I remember being pretty cringed out at the characters shouting things like "sempai" all the time in P3FES, although I think the locazition of that game was pretty good all things considered.

I'm now filled with determination.

thatguymarco said:
I'm just hoping that the english translation will be good, I remember being pretty cringed out at the characters shouting things like "sempai" all the time in P3FES, although I think the locazition of that game was pretty good all things considered.

The translations are very good, it's just the voice acting is usually mediorce (at best). Would be nice if they treated the main Persona titles properly with dual audio.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
thatguymarco said:

The translations are very good, it's just the voice acting is usually mediorce (at best). Would be nice if they treated the main Persona titles properly with dual audio.

I  thought that the VA was pretty decent, the voices fit the characters pretty well, their emotional range could have been a lot better, but that usually lies in the Voice director's hands I think.

I'm now filled with determination.

So that is pretty much a confirmation that the PS4 will catch up with Wii U in Japan this september. Let's just hope EU and US will also see this game releasing in 2016.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
thatguymarco said:
outlawauron said:

I  thought that the VA was pretty decent, the voices fit the characters pretty well, their emotional range could have been a lot better, but that usually lies in the Voice director's hands I think.

It's a mixed bag. Some characters are done really well, while others are just awful. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BasilZero said:
Awws

Just the JP release.

But man hopefully the US release isnt within September cause I need to play FFXV before I play persona 5 D:

Isn't Persona 5 a simultaneous worldwide release?

Ka-pi96 said:
CosmicSex said:

It's not even been confirmed for a European release at all yet...

Yeah, but Europe has the problem of NIS America not publishing Atlus games here anymore, so either they have to self publish, or they have to rely on Sega to do it. Neither of them have a spotless record when it comes to publishing in Europe, to be honest.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

We've had a lot of lesser known JRPGs make it to the UK, this will come, just give it time. Looks fantastic btw.

Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:
CosmicSex said:

It's not even been confirmed for a European release at all yet...

Yes, right. Maybe in the first 2017-quarter in europe and at the end 2016 in america ?

The Fury said:
We've had a lot of lesser known JRPGs make it to the UK, this will come, just give it time. Looks fantastic btw.

:)