By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo E3 - No direct; only treehouse featuring Zelda

Does anyone think they will have a direct later in the year for new 3DS and Wii U games (paper mario)?

Around the Network
Blester said:
At this point all my E3 hype is non-existent. We have to wait nearly 11 months to get Zelda, what do we have in reserve to play? Nothing. Sorry, Nintendo, enough is enough. See you next year but it's going to be the last time. I guess i'll be moving to another platform.

You played every game you like on the Wii U already? I still got quite a bit of games to finish and buy. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Stolen, you know...

So, 9-10 Treehouse Stream. And that's all...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

But how will they possibly show Pikmin 4U and Metroid U and Animal Crossing U?

lol

What an amazing 2016/17 the Wii U will have.

Soundwave said:

lol

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but this probably isn't going to happen.... I know... I know... It'll be okay. Lol.

Around the Network

Compiling Nintendo main...

int possible() << Show game 9 months away from launch

int not Possible() << Show console launching in 9 Months on the previous game will also play

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

JRPGfan said:

Seriously though... anyone else going "WTF" right now?

That would indicate surprise.  I'm not surprised.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:

lol

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but this probably isn't going to happen.... I know... I know... It'll be okay. Lol.

It isn't going to happen because Nintendo gave up on the Wii U in 2014 and has been working on NX full blown from that point on.

Wyrdness said:
Pavolink said:

"Suddenly the Gamecube days don't look so bad. At least they had announcements."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202702155&postcount=641

Found this post so funny.

Really because I remember the last two years of the GC, the was only like 3 games released with no announcements.

GameCube 2005/2006:

Battallion Wars

DDR Mario Mix

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat

Geist

Star Fox Assault

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Pokemon XD

Super Mario Strikers

Mario Superstar Baseball

Mario Party 7

Baten Kaitos

Odama

Chibi-Robo

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

I like the fact that they are turning their booth into a Zelda experience, but to only show 1 game is really depressing. Of course there is a reason/logic behind that, I just can't figure it out. It's not like they don't have anything to show... they have some mid-big 3DS titles coming, like Pokémon Sun/Moon, Monster Hunter, etc. On the Wii U front they could talk about Paper Mario and Tokyo Mirage Sessions, idk... better than nothing.

But maybe they don't want to drive attention to Wii U/3DS prior to NX release? I don't know...

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won