By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race, Trump secures nomination for GOP

Trump's chances of becoming president of the United States increased:

Yay! 52 32.91%

OMFG NO! 49 31.01%

I couldn't care less. 17 10.76%

LMAO 40 25.32%

Total:158

You americans are insane.

Around the Network

The meltdowns if trump wins will be fun to watch.

Cruz should not have run at all. He was born in Canada..

Also the Trump tears in this thread are delicious.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I wonder if Trump will have an even more negative effect in US image around the world than Bush. It will be intresting to watch in a world where US leadership will be more and more threatened.

(if he is elected president of course)

PxlStorm said:
You americans are insane.

I really want to defend my country, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to do so.

It's unthinkable to me that a man like Donald Trump could become president of the United States. He speaks to the worst instincts in us: nativism, xenophobia, racism, Islamophobia, misogyny, know-nothingness, avarice, violence, intolerance, fascism. 

I understand that people in this country are struggling economically. I appreciate the fact that the political, social, and cultural landscape of America is changing at breakneck speed, and it seems like traditional values are evaporating. But Trump is not your messiah. He's a billionaire who revels in cheating the system masquerading as a populist. 

Now, maybe you'll argue that he means nothing he says. That, if elected, he'll drop all the race-baiting, incendiary rhetoric and rule as a moderate. Well, if that's the case then he's simply been saying what people want to hear, and we have zero idea of his convictions or how he'll govern as president.

So which is it? A violent demagogue who wants to keep members of the world's second largest religion out of a country founded on freedom from religious persecution, and wants to build a wall between the continental United States and its third largest trading partner? Or a political opportunist who's manipulating his followers and whose political playbook is being written as he moves through the primary season? I'm not sure which is more dangerous.

Or maybe you just want to give the political establishment in this country the middle finger. I get that. Both Republicans and Democrats are beholden to corporations, special interests, and foreign governments. I understand the desire for a political outsider that will destroy the status quo. But, again, Trump is not your man. He has spent his adult life manipulating politicians, exploiting tax loopholes, abusing eminent domain, and, in general, being part of the political machinery that so many citizens want to disrupt.

Around the Network

Congratulations Americans you have done it. You have voted for politicans paidout by Wall Street and have stakes in the media. The people at Wall Street thanks your contribution and to continuously make their income, tax free.

Vote for Frank Underwood.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

spurgeonryan said:
Hopefully his vice president is someone who is actually capable. No idea who he is. But when Trump is assassinated we will need a strong VICE.

Ha ha. :) He really SHOULD get a stong Vice.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

This is just insane, shows that people didn't learn much from 8 years with Bush. He could (and possibly will) be the most disastrous president in American history.

There is a lot of hate for Hillary Clinton. Ignorant people will not vote for her, simply because its a her.

But other more informed voters know that she represents her own interests and that she is not honest in her speeches.

Donald Trump could easily exploit those weaknesses and end up actually having a chance.