By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ratchet and Clank (PS4) Number 1 in the Uk for second week straight. First Sony game to do so since The Last Of Us in 2014

Good to see the game hasn't been hurt by the shittiness of the movie.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:

Is it really that bad? I was considering to go watch it

Teeqoz said:
Mystro-Sama said:
I wonder if it will reach a mil.

Do you mean when it'll reach a mil, or do you actually mean if?

If. I think it might though. Didn't Bayonetta 2 have similar figures and it just reached a mil recently.

Mystro-Sama said:
Teeqoz said:

If. I think it might though. Didn't Bayonetta 2 have similar figures and it just reached a mil recently.

It will do 2mil this year alone and between 3 to 4mil lifetime . Star fox zero was very disappointing so I bought a ps4 just for this game and its by far my favourite game this gen. 

leyendax69 said:
binary solo said:

It's not that bad.  It's getting a lot of critic hate because it's a game movie, honestly speaking.  It's like a 6.5/10 film by itself, though, so it's not great by any stretch.

Mystro-Sama said:
Teeqoz said:

It's at nearly 600K worldwide if VGC is to be believed, and that's after two weeks in the US and only one week in Europe.  By all metrics this will likely be the highest-selling game in the franchise by the end of its lifetime.  I'm expecting a million announcement in the next week or two, not an "if."

Pinkie_pie said:
Mystro-Sama said:

It will do 2mil this year alone and between 3 to 4mil lifetime . Star fox zero was very disappointing so I bought a ps4 just for this game and its by far my favourite game this gen. 

Not to go off-topic, but your username seems awfully familiar to a buddy I had on a PSAS fansite.  I know it's MLP, but is that just a coincidence?

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
binary solo said:

It's worth seeing, only really marred by an ending that sort of tapers off with a whimper. The lack of much gunplay kind of surprised me, but I suppose they went as far as they could with how baby-sensitive the overall culture is these days. Way better than trailers or critics will lead you to believe.

leyendax69 said:
binary solo said:

I've read one review from someone who seems to know and appreciate video games, and saw one youtuber review posted somewhere in one of the R&C threads here, also a guy who seems to know and possibly like the R&C games. While both of those reviewers didn't completely hate the movie, they still gave it a failing grade overall, with some good bits. When a VG adaptation gets 35%+ on Rotten tomatoes I regard that as worth giving the movie a shot in cinemas. Reviewing in the 15-20% range means it probably is not worth my money. Other people might have a different threshold but That's where my cut off is. Though it could be worse. At least it isn't in the sub-10% range, or even a 1%er or 0%er.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Good, it is an amazing game.

leyendax69 said:
binary solo said:

It's a good movie for little kids. My son liked it a lot. But for older folks, and especially if you've already played the game, the movie is pretty pointless. 

Hynad said:
leyendax69 said:

It's a good movie for little kids. My son liked it a lot. But for older folks, and especially if you've already played the game, the movie is pretty pointless. 

See, I disagree.  I think it's worth seeing exactly once.  Mainly because the movie's plot is actually better than the game's absolute mess, if only slightly.  Mainly because it justifies Qwark and Nefarious a lot better (and gives us the best Nefarious in series history).  Especially the scenes that should have been in the game but aren't, such as

The scene where they explain that Nefarious was in the Rangers, or when Qwark discovers Nefarious is on the Deplanetizer with that amazing evil grin after Novalis is destroyed, or the scene where Qwark is convinced to betray the Rangers (and the one before that where Nefarious convinces Drek to do so).

Yeah, they don't all work in the current plot of the game, but there are easy ways to make these tie in without changing the game's little plot changes too much.  Hell, they could leave the plot the same and just leave plot holes and it'd still be better than what it currently is!

That said, it's only worth seeing once, if only to fix the issues with the game's plot.  Even those few scenes alone would have bumped the game's plot up to a passing grade for me.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!