By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do People Make Speculation Threads?

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

CGI I have to admit you always make me laugh, LOL!

I gave predictions not speculation plus my predictions were after the Xbox One was released except one.

Dude you lost this argument just stop before it gets worse for you. LOL!

There's only one of us that this could get worse for. :)

In regards to "winning" and "losing", it doesn't take a genius to see how you have side stepped every angle of this debate - and this is on top of the fact that you continue to ignore my questions (no need for answers, now - your argument has already been dismantled).

In the future, if you're going to call out subject matter (this thread), don't engage in it yourself (many of your past threads).

All your predictions where speculative ,that's how it works it doesn't matter what ones rational was or the veracity of ones logic.

Because  speculation is using what you know to make a prediction about an outcome .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

Huh!!!!! Once again I clearly said in the OP that Predictions are not the same as speculation.

A predicition is based off of the very same principle - guess work (not always based on fact). While true that a prediction is usually a forecast, in your case, none of your "predictions" have been based on anything but guesses, and therefore, slip right into speculation territory.

Xbox 720 is going to be killer.

Xbox 720 will outsell PS4 and Wii-U. Kinect 2.0 will be Killer App - Opinion Piece.

The Xbox One Is Going To Be Just Fine. Playstation 4 Will Not Dominate The Market In The Long Run.

Xbox One To Catch Playstation 4 In Consoles Sold Worldwide Because of America By Holiday 2016.

Why Xbox One Will Catch Up To Playstation 4 in Performance.

Every last one of those is some form of speculation (you could have re-worded each one with "I predict" and it wouldn't change anything). You couldn't be sure of the outcome. 

For ex:

CGI-Quality - I predict that Uncharted 4's final Metascore will be 92

Jega - The Xbox One Is Going To Be Just Fine. Playstation 4 Will Not Dominate The Market In The Long Run.

What were those based off of? In my case, it was a prediction based on the knowledge of previous Uncharted titles. In your case, I can only assume that it's based on the fact that the PS3 didn't dominate the previous gen and the Xbox's marketshare grew tremedously. But those are both still, very much, pieces of speculation.

Ok your still missing the point. This thread is about speculation (not) prediction. Please read and think before you respond. The threads (you) pointed out are mostly (prediction) threads (not) speculation.

CGI-Quality said:
mjk45 said:

All your predictions where speculative ,that's how it works it doesn't matter what ones rational was or the veracity of ones logic.

I believe you quoted the wrong person. :)

Sorry , my quote was aimed at his reply to you where he states he was predicting but not speculating , where as the dictionary definition is that speculation is using what you know to make a prediction about an outcome.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot