By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do People Make Speculation Threads?

CGI-Quality said:

JEGA'S SPECULATION THREADS:

Xbox 720 is going to be killer.

Xbox 720 will outsell PS4 and Wii-U. Kinect 2.0 will be Killer App - Opinion Piece.

The Xbox One Is Going To Be Just Fine. Playstation 4 Will Not Dominate The Market In The Long Run.

Xbox One To Catch Playstation 4 In Consoles Sold Worldwide Because of America By Holiday 2016.

Why Xbox One Will Catch Up To Playstation 4 in Performance.

Sometimes, it's better to check ourselves before we wreck ourselves.

That was after Xbox One was released. Booyah!

Around the Network

@ CGI-Quality

Xbox One is killer.

Xbox 720 will outsell PS4 and Wii-U. Kinect 2.0 will be Killer App - Opinion Piece.

I did say opinion piece.

The Xbox One Is Going To Be Just Fine. Playstation 4 Will Not Dominate The Market In The Long Run.

The Xbox One is doing just fine PS4 is not dominant. PS4 does not have a 75% market share like PS2 did and will be lucky to close the generation at 50% market share.

Xbox One To Catch Playstation 4 In Consoles Sold Worldwide Because of America By Holiday 2016.

Xbox One will take back North America and UK by the end of the generation.

Xbox One multiplats have better texture filtering than PS4 multiplats. Sony is cheating on texture filtering to achieve higher res. If Microsoft Did the same they could also hit the same resolution and framerate. Here is the link on texture filtering. Xbox One owners need not feel inferior and here is the proof:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-texture-filtering-on-console

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

@ CGI-Quality

Xbox One is killer.

I did say opinion piece.

The Xbox One is doing just fine PS4 is not dominant. PS4 does not have a 75% market share like PS2 did and will be lucky to close the generation at 50% market share.

Xbox One will take back North America and UK by the end of the generation.

Xbox One multiplats have better texture filtering than PS4 multiplats. Sony is cheating on texture filtering to achieve higher res. If Microsoft Did the same they could also hit the same resolution and framerate. Here is the link on texture filtering. Xbox One owners need not feel inferior and here is the proof:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-texture-filtering-on-console

- Guess what, they were all speculation topics. So, to fit with your topic, why did you make those? Why didn't you "wait for the outcomes"? And, btw, calling speculation an "opinion" doesn't remove the fact that you are still speculating.

- Yes, the PS4 is dominating (again, what you choose to ignore is your business). But, that's besides the point you were trying to make. No matter how those things turned out, every last one of those topics was speculation on your part.

* the crossed out stuff is completely irrelevant *

Ok so digital foundry all of a sudden doesn't matter. LOL! 

Try again man.

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

Ok so digital foundry all of a sudden doesn't matter. LOL! 

Try again man.

Nothing to try. Your point has been negated and the hypocrisy exposed.

I'll await your answer(s) to my question(s), however.

CGI I have to admit you always make me laugh, LOL!

I gave predictions not speculation plus my predictions were after the Xbox One was released except one.

Dude you lost this argument just stop before it gets worse for you. LOL!

Because they have no woman to come home to so their brains work in overtime and they need to get it out there for peer review and acceptance.

Us poor soles with wives/girlfriends keep taking deep breathes to stay calm when they are annoying you when you trying to read forums lol. Think happy thoughts.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Because they have no woman to come home to so their brains work in overtime and they need to get it out there for peer review and acceptance.

Us poor soles with wives/girlfriends keep taking deep breathes to stay calm when they are annoying you when you trying to read forums lol. Think happy thoughts.

LOL!!!!!

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

CGI I have to admit you always make me laugh, LOL!

I gave predictions not speculation plus my predictions were after the Xbox One was released except one.

Dude you lost this argument just stop before it gets worse for you. LOL!

There's only one of us that this could get worse for. :)

In regards to "winning" and "losing", it doesn't take a genius to see how you have side stepped every angle of this debate - and this is on top of the fact that you continue to ignore my questions (no need for answers, now - your argument has already been dismantled).

In the future, if you're going to call out subject matter (this thread), don't engage in it yourself (many of your past threads).

Huh!!!!! Once again I clearly said in the OP that Predictions are not the same as speculation.

I think the real question is why do people make 'why do people make speculation threads' threads...

Funny how you question others speculations... By speculating about their intended purpose? Why is that?

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

Huh!!!!! Once again I clearly said in the OP that Predictions are not the same as speculation.

A predicition is based off of the very same principle - guess work (not always based on fact). While true that a prediction is usually a forecast, in your case, none of your "predictions" have been based on anything but guesses, and therefore, slip right into speculation territory.

Every last one of those is some form of speculation (you could have re-worded each one with "I predict" and it wouldn't change anything). You couldn't be sure of the outcome. 

For ex:

CGI-Quality - I predict that Uncharted 4's final Metascore will be 92

Jega - The Xbox One Is Going To Be Just Fine. Playstation 4 Will Not Dominate The Market In The Long Run.

What were those based off of? In my case, it was a prediction based on the knowledge of previous Uncharted titles. In your case, I can only assume that it's based on the fact that the PS3 didn't dominate the previous gen and the Xbox's marketshare grew tremedously. But those are both still, very much, pieces of speculation.

i'm embarrassed for Jega at this point

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.