By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Koei Tecmo achieves record profit for 6th consecutive year

greencactaur said:
They make good games, and I like that they listen to their fanbase. Definitely one of my favorite companies.

This is something that cannot be overlooked.

Look at sony, they listend to fans & developers, PS4 is a huge hit.

No metroid (FF instead, which basically has nothing to do with metroid)

Starfox zero with motion controlls everyone seems to hates (and bad graphics because of their 2nd cockpit)

No Animal crossing (instead a amiibo party game)

No paper mario (instead we get a sticker star like clone)

No 3D platformer mario (like 64,sunshine,galaxy)

No F-Zero

No (new) Zelda (we ll get one for wii u, after the NX launches and the wii u is dead)

Now theres no E3 with NX less than a year from its release, and their missing the holidays sales.

I just dont understand nintendo sometimes.

And worse, Im not sure nintendo understands its fans anymore.

Around the Network

Great, now more Gust games, starting with Ar nosurge sequel.

Cool. The musou spin offs have been pretty good.

Awesome. With good reason, too. They're making a lot of good games this gen. They've become one of my favorite developers. Loved Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Quest Heroes, and Gust is becoming one of my favorite RPG developers. I'm really enjoying Nights of Azure.

Chazore said:
Good for them, though I guess that means I won't be buying any KT games in the future since I;m not even a blip on their future "expansion" radar.

Play the games not the platform 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

I play what suits me best, which is to say I don't desire to pay more for so little and to adhere to a company wish. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The musou/warriors franchise is simply perfect for solid spin-offs.

Add a little mixture and changes like in Dragon Quest Heroes and you got yourself a great spin-off.

Hyrule Warriors is fun as hell too.

I want more Warriors spin offs, like Final Fantasy Heroes or even a Pokemon Warriors game.

Even a Dark Souls musou with the best franchise bosses as playable characters would be cool, lol.
And Solaire too, of course.

I'm glad for Tecmo Koei. I'm glad things are working out for them. They make some pretty solid games.

Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

I play what suits me best, which is to say I don't desire to pay more for so little and to adhere to a company wish. 

I've lost count of the amount of times you've said I'd like this but looks like I'm not gonna because it ain't on Steam.  Lol I can't imagine a world where I'm like,  "age of mythology,  I love that game but it's on ps4 so I refuse to buy it".  

You're alive for about another 60 years I reckon.  Why spend that little time missing out on great experiences you enjoy.  Each to their own I guess. 

Kerotan said:

I've lost count of the amount of times you've said I'd like this but looks like I'm not gonna because it ain't on Steam.  Lol I can't imagine a world where I'm like,  "age of mythology,  I love that game but it's on ps4 so I refuse to buy it".  

You're alive for about another 60 years I reckon.  Why spend that little time missing out on great experiences you enjoy.  Each to their own I guess. 

Because to you dropping another £400+ on another system isn't that much of a bother to you, for someone like me it is, just like the reality for some on here is the same for PC, like you said "to each their own".

KT does have a few games on Steam in actuality, just happens they don't really care all that much to give them the full effort which was why I made my original comment.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"