By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the NX be Powerfull?

Will the NX be less powerfull

Nope, more Powerfull then PS4 187 48.32%

It will be between Wii U and Ps4 157 40.57%

It will be less powerfull then Wii U 43 11.11%

Total:387
hoala said:
Ljink96 said:

The only think that made Wii U "50%" more powerful was its gpu over PS3 and Xbox 360 which isn't much to tout about. Not to mention, Wii U porting is much more difficult than porting games from PS3 and 360. Wii U is Power PC based, and PS3 and Xbox 360 are x86. 

all 3 are power pc based.

Graphics comparison:

Blops 2 wii u vs ps3:

Last of US Ps3 vs Ps4

Similar improvements but ps4 owners but TLOUR, Wii U owners didnt bought blops2.

Made a mistake, it happens. Got mixed up with 8th gen for some odd reason.

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:

Are you kidding me, the Wii U not far behind -.- it doesn't use a x86/64 architecture processor but a IBM made "upgraded" wii processor basicly, and it has 1GB of ram versus 8GB much much faster ram in the current consoles, not to mention the output of the GFX card isnt even half, don't joke yourself.

Maybe it was expensive to make, I bought it expecting something good but I won't be fooled like that again. It sounds like you will buy anything Nintendo makes, which is completely respectable and you should if you enjoy the stuff they make but if they release something that on paper and visually doesn't hold up to my expectations not to mention it needs to ship with a NORMAL controller then I am just not going to buy it

Luckely if the rumours are true this could happen, but lets not discuss this anymore since your opinion and mine are clearly not going to match, ever.

It has 2 GB of Ram.

It has a 3 core IBM cpu that was based on the wii´s but is clocked significantly higher and had several other improvements.

The Ps4 and XBox one both are using a a notebook based jaguar cpu.

Comparison Watchdogs Wii U Version vs Ps4 Version. Sure Ps4 does look better, but its nowhere near as significant as it was wii vs ps3.

Mario kart on Wii U (60fps)

Knack on Ps4: (30 fps)

Not to big differences. 

The graphical gap between wii and wii u also was probl one of the biggest in console history: See this:

Ljink96 said:

guess it has more to do with demographics than anything. Western 3rd parties are less likely to support Nintendo because well, Nintendo gamers aren't really inerested in that kind of content. 

Thats the problem with NX. Good luck trying to sell a console with similar priece and power as ps4 without Fifa, Call of Duty, GTA, Witcher and co.

In japan the wii u is doing great btw.

hoala said:

Ljink96 said:

guess it has more to do with demographics than anything. Western 3rd parties are less likely to support Nintendo because well, Nintendo gamers aren't really inerested in that kind of content. 

Thats the problem with NX. Good luck trying to sell a console with similar priece and power as ps4 without Fifa, Call of Duty, GTA, Witcher and co.

In japan the wii u is doing great btw.

Wii U isn't really doing that great in Japan. No console is really. Handhelds are. So if NX did include a handheld component, it could have the best of both worlds. I'm just saying regardless of the demographics, I persoanally would buy a Nintendo console that played Nintendo and 3rd party games just as well as the competition. It'd save the the money of buying 2, sometimes 3 consoles. But something tells me that's not what NX aims to do. If so, we're looking at Wii U 2.0 here.

Ljink96 said:

Wii U isn't really doing that great in Japan. No console is really. Handhelds are. So if NX did include a handheld component, it could have the best of both worlds. I'm just saying regardless of the demographics, I persoanally would buy a Nintendo console that played Nintendo and 3rd party games just as well as the competition. It'd save the the money of buying 2, sometimes 3 consoles. But something tells me that's not what NX aims to do. If so, we're looking at Wii U 2.0 here.

It is doing great in comparison to the competition. Selling around the same as the ps4 each month.

If NX includes a handheld i really cant see it to be as powerfull as the Ps4 or even more powerfull then the wii u.

Handhelds are using mobile ARM chips which just arnt that strong.

You also cant really use real x86 chips and normal GPUS in a handheld. Check those gaming laptops. If they are on a similar level as the ps4 (using a 960m/970m) they are getting icnredible hot, loud (fences) and the battery dies in less then an hour.

The Ps4 need like 150 wattage power for its games. Even with improved components in 2017, you cant prevent a big energy consumption on an as powerfull console. So the battery would die really fast and it would got hot as fck and need a fence.

If NX is or includes a handheld it will be most likely using a modern smartphone cpu (like snaprdragon 810) which is indeed a little bit weaker then the wii u.

Around the Network

Of course it will. Who releases a new product that is weaker than the previous? Just makes no sense.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

hoala said:
Ljink96 said:

It is doing great in comparison to the competition. Selling around the same as the ps4 each month.

If NX includes a handheld i really cant see it to be as powerfull as the Ps4 or even more powerfull then the wii u.

Handhelds are using mobile ARM chips which just arnt that strong.

You also cant really use real x86 chips and normal GPUS in a handheld. Check those gaming laptops. If they are on a similar level as the ps4 (using a 960m/970m) they are getting icnredible hot, loud (fences) and the battery dies in less then an hour.

The Ps4 need like 150 wattage power for its games. Even with improved components in 2017, you cant prevent a big energy consumption on an as powerfull console. So the battery would die really fast and it would got hot as fck and need a fence.

If NX is or includes a handheld it will be most likely using a modern smartphone cpu (like snaprdragon 810) which is indeed a little bit weaker then the wii u.

The handheld unit doesn't have to be as powerful as the PS4. Like the Vita, streaming technology allow PS4 games to be played on the vita. Many are speculating that this is what the NX portable unit is. It's not necessarily a traditional handheld but a streaming device that uses other devices as cloud power which will allow you to play all NX games on the go. That's just one idea that the patents point to. So we're not even considering ARM here.

Cloudman said:
Of course it will. Who releases a new product that is weaker than the previous? Just makes no sense.

Apple just did with the iPhone SE.

Ljink96 said:

The handheld unit doesn't have to be as powerful as the PS4. Like the Vita, streaming technology allow PS4 games to be played on the vita. Many are speculating that this is what the NX portable unit is. It's not necessarily a traditional handheld but a streaming device that uses other devices as cloud power which will allow you to play all NX games on the go. That's just one idea that the patents point to. So we're not even considering ARM here.

Then its a failure 100%. Streaming technology has issues (latency issues). You simple CANT kill those issues, scince of the big distances the signals need to go across the internet. Vita has the same problems.

Also it would need a sim card and a limitless big mobile data flat. Something like that isnt even possible in my country (you can get something like 30GB at most, which will easily be 50€/month.

Nintendo consoles are still ALSO made for kids who dont have or want to get mobile internet plans.

If you have bad internet connection / none .. you wouldnt be able to play your handheld.

If your on holiday in another country (were you obviously mostly wont have internet) you wouldnt be able to play your handheld.

It it just works over wifi ... it wouldnt be really portable/handheld and pretty much the same as the wii u.

hoala said:
Cloudman said:

Apple just did with the iPhone SE.

Oh, well, I dunno anything about that. I'm just speaking strictly with video game consoles. I mean, has Ninten released a console weaker than their previous gen one?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread