By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm going to go see Ratchet & Clank. UPDATE: It was "GOOD."

And yes, I mean the movie.  I don't think it's going to be a great movie from everything I've seen and read.  But tomorrow's the day, and I'm inviting friends to check it out.  Ratchet & Clank is one of my favorite game franchises, and I might be beter off waiting for the movie to come out on Blu-ray at a discounted price.  But my daughter wants to watch it, and we'll have some of her friends with us.  So from a parental standpoint that means something.  I'm pretty reasonable about stuff like this so I'll let you guys know what come about.  Out.

Around the Network

Are you a fan of the games? Cause I assume that if so, you'll probably enjoy the movie more than an "outsider" would.

I'll watch it on TV in a couple of years. Or netflix when it comes (if it comes)!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
I'll watch it on TV in a couple of years. Or netflix when it comes (if it comes)!

I wonder which will release first. Ratchet & Clank on Netflix, or Zelda U...

I'm planning on watching it today. I'm a sucker for video game/anime movies =P

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Anfebious said:

I wonder which will release first. Ratchet & Clank on Netflix, or Zelda U...

Zelda U has at least 2 more delays to go so I'm willing to bet that Ratchet & Clank is going to be first.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I was gonna watch it but it has been getting wrecked by critics so i'm not even gonna bother. I'll pick it up when it's out for rentals. Glad the game is still great tho.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Teeqoz said:
Are you a fan of the games? Cause I assume that if so, you'll probably enjoy the movie more than an "outsider" would.

I've played and beaten the original three on the PS2 and the first on the PS3.  I've only sampled Quest for Booty.  So yes, I'm a fan.

Ignore most of the reviews if you've read any. It's getting a HUGE amount of critic hate for a myriad of ridiculous reasons - it has guns therefore it's bad, it's based on a video game therefore it's bad, it's not Disney so I don't like it, somebody else said it's bad so it's bad. Seriously, the critic hate is real here. Somebody compared it to one of the worst films of all time just to be extreme about it.

It's getting average to decent scores from critics who are familiar with the series, and from people who saw it as well.

Expect like a 6-7/10 experience, which is what we've known to expect ever since we found out it had a $12m budget.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:
Ignore most of the reviews if you've read any. It's getting a HUGE amount of critic hate for a myriad of ridiculous reasons - it has guns therefore it's bad, it's based on a video game therefore it's bad, it's not Disney so I don't like it, somebody else said it's bad so it's bad. Seriously, the critic hate is real here. Somebody compared it to one of the worst films of all time just to be extreme about it.

Going over the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, it seems like reviewers are hung up on: 1) Ratchet & Clank is based on a video game, and 2) we've seen it all before. The only comment I keep seeing that makes me wary is that it's a kids movie, not a family movie, reinforcing the obnoxious tone I was trying to ignore from the trailers.

Gonna go see it regardless, but keeping my expectations far lower than I'd prefer.