By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo's E3 booth will be reflective of the next Zelda game in development. Huge layout, very colorful, varied.

Yesterday, Nintendo revealed that at E3 this year, the only playable game on the show floor would be the next Zelda game that is currently in development for Wii U. (Yes, this same game is also in development for their next console, codenamed NX, but that version will not be playable at the show.)

What I am hearing right now from sources is that the actual layout of the booth is going to be not too dissimilar from Nintendo's E3 2005 presentation of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. For reference, you can look at these videos that I took 11 years ago at that show, of the Zelda section in Nintendo's booth.

http://youtu.be/TBIcki6SiMY

http://youtu.be/8S3Q5iFab00

The idea of the new Zelda game is that of a very open world adventure with an enormous Hyrule field that has multiple layers to it, which connects to a vast amount of other lands and scenarios. It's taking this concept and applying it literally to their booth. During E3 2013, Nintendo had different sections for Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, and Bayonetta 2. They had big props and playable demos of those respective games, surrounding them.

This year at E3, expect Nintendo's booth to look like Hyrule field, with there being several different sections of different playable Zelda demos, each matching each other in theme: ice, fire, etc.

I've chosen to label this as a rumor, because even though I believe my sources are giving me accurate information, simply due to the fact that things can change, I would rather play it safe.  Anyways, I for one think this could make for one very grand and highly memorable booth.  What do you all think?

(That comes from my own site, but I just wanted to share it with all of you, without trying to promote.)  If any are interested in the article itself and the videos of the Twilight Princess booth from 2005 as a comparison, here's the link: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/#category/165/article/7059

The following are examples of the quality of work in backgrounds/plastic models that Nintendo had in their booth at E3 2013.

Around the Network

Of course they use the artstyle from the new Zelda to present it at E3! What a stupid rumor!

Be it true or not, that would actually be pretty awesome.I mean, it would still be unfortunaly be one game, but hey it would make up a great setting for Nintendo booth.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

This is a non story, I thought they meant "Next" Zelda in development as in NX's exclusive Zelda :(

If this game is really incredible and after a 6 year development time (come release) it proves that it was worth the wait, then dedicating an entire showroom floor to it might be worth it.  It's certainly ambitious...ill say that much.  If we get video footage on other games from Nintendo at the show, of stuff like Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, Paper Mario, etc., that'll be ok with me if they're not playable.  Even just be there in some capacity for the sake of variety on the Internet when it comes to fans looking up videos from E3.

Around the Network

Sounds like something reasonable.
But that could means we could see more than a couple demos.
Speculating, my guess will be fire, forest, water and a dungeon area. Maybe a boss battle and a desert.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

If Zelda U is the main game they're showing they better doll it up the best they can I guess.

seeing as it is the only playable game on the showroom this is less a rumor and more a "no shit sherlock" kind of statement.

If the work they put into it was like they did in 2005 (videos are in the link), then that's be awesome.  I expect the booth to look great and utilize that nice looking plastic designs of their characters from 2013.

That booth was awesome.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile