By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX will be more relevant than the PS4 Neo.

?

Yeah... NX 151 37.66%

PS4 Neo is the future 219 54.61%

Kinect 31 7.73%

Total:401

We have "NX is doomed" threads, so I think i can post my opinion too...

Yeah, I think it's going to be more relevant? why? cause Sony is going to reveal the hardware at E3, Everybody is going to be hyped but then Nintendo Is going to do an event for the NX and will destroy the hype of the ps4 neo? why? cause the ps4 neo is going to be the same thing but a bit better, still oudated engineering, while the NX is going to be the new way of thinking from Nintendo... With a zelda game that looks like a revelation.... plus the hundreds of things that we don't know about the console.

"I can assure you we’re not building the next version of Wii or Wii U. It’s something unique and different. It’s something where we have to move away from those platforms in order to make it something that will appeal to our consumer base,” 

that's a bold statement right there, and we should pay attention... bye bye wii u. was a nice ride but you're nothing now, NX is the new Nintendo.

Around the Network

It's going to be more relevant than pretty much everything after it launches.

I have doubts. PS4 Neo is going to do very, very well. Pretty much like almost every console product Sony releases.

It's a new console; it should be more "relevant" than a hardware upgrade like the PS4 Neo.

It would be somewhat pathetic if the reverse ends up being true.

ps4 neo will be strongest console thats all there is

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
That seems obvious.

It is a new console with new games. Aside from the Wii U ports at the beginning.

The PS4 neo is just an improved Ps4.

It's a 4 TFLOP version of the no.1 console on the market which will have the best versions of all the big gun third party games like Grand Theft Auto VI.

Sold at a reasonable price ($399). To be honest if you're in the market for a PS4, I'd go with Neo every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Double the GPU power for a mere $100 more works out to a whopping $2.78 more/month even if you only get usage out of it for 3 years.

It's more likely the Neo simply phases out the vanilla PS4 at some point entirely.

yeah it will get a bigger buzz or hype train rolling but I don't think it's going to do something crazy like outsell the ps4. Maybe the neo though.

Ka-pi96 said:
Not sure about your reasoning there. New & different =/= good

true, but for that we will have to wait.

plus, different is not the important part, this: It’s something where we have to move away from those platforms in order to make it something that will appeal to our consumer base" aka Nintendo fans, the real fans, not the wii fans.

Soundwave said:
Bandorr said:
That seems obvious.

It is a new console with new games. Aside from the Wii U ports at the beginning.

The PS4 neo is just an improved Ps4.

It's a 4 TFLOP version of the no.1 console on the market which will have the best versions of all the big gun third party games like Grand Theft Auto VI.

Sold at a reasonable price ($399). To be honest if you're in the market for a PS4, I'd go with Neo every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Double the GPU power for a mere $100 more works out to a whopping $2.78 more/month even if you only get usage out of it for 3 years.

It's more likely the Neo simply phases out the vanilla PS4 at some point entirely.

I have doubts about the max capabilities of PS4Neo due to the cpu, people in the know all say its a bottleneck, so where will the capped performance actually end up?  I have to wait and see before I support it.  But since I don't have a PS4, I'd definitely end up getting neo to be on the safe side and I'm sure many will upgrade (despite the online whining) so I agree PS4N will be very successful, and NX remains to be seen.

Thats quite obvious.PS4 Neo is at its essence just a revision, while NX is a complete new console.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1