By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will outsell the entire Nintendo family (3DS, Wii U, NX) by March 2018

3DS is probably what slightly breaks this theory.

What I'm more interested in is how many weeks PS4K needs to outsell WiiU and NX combined.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

This is like saying the NX will outsell the PS4 lifetime sales.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

So you believe PS4 will start pulling 20m+ per year consecutively while NX will sell only 5m on its 2 first years combined?

I strongly disagree with your prediction. This is definitely not going to happen.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

So you basically expecting that PS4 will sell from 31. march to end of year 19m and that NX will fail!?

End of 2016
PS4 ~ 56.2 million
3DS ~ 63.35 million
Wii U ~ 13.50 million
NX ~ 0

End of 2017
PS4 ~ 72.2 million
3DS: 66.35 million
Wii U: 13.70 million
NX: 7.00 million

Q1 2018
PS4: 74.2 million
3DS: 66.50 million
Wii U: 13.75 million
NX: 8.00 million

Nintendo family (88.25 million) > PlayStation 4 (74.2 million)

I hardly agree with you'r numbers, though we will see. :D ( also, really, my NX numbers predictions are SERIUSLY random guess lol)

Around the Network

I think there's too many factors to say what will happen. Like how well Nintendo supports the 3DS, and how well the NX does. It's impossible to predict how well it will do because we don't know the specs, games, or even the concept of it, and even if we did, predictions of consoles can be way off regardless of what we know about it. The Wii U is an example of that.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

at the end of the year i´m sure ps4 sold about 50 million.
ps4 has during year much more games than xbox one and WII U.
in 2 weeks we have uncharted 4, this game probably helps to sell in one month 1 million systems worldwide.

final fantasy XV comes out on september/october.
this game will be exclusive in the asia market consoles, so im sure will be the first game helps to sell near 1 million copies in that market.

remenber dragon quest heroes was released to ps3 and ps4, but this game helped to sell 334,000 units of ps4. so... you can make an idea about what can happen with final fantasy XV.

spurgeonryan said:
Oh, your ending the 3ds?

It's getting up there in years

Ka-pi96 said:
Ljink96 said:
Let's get real. PS4 is selling well but the last fiscal year Sony only shipped 17.7 PS4s, not sold. Doubt it'll get up to the 20M or mid 20's. Keep in mind, Nintendo's planning on shipping I think 12 million of these NX things in the next year so they may be cheap and cheap sells, especially if the hardware is good.

Didn't that rumour say 2016? So yeah... we all know that won't be happening

Dang, you remembered XD

I doubt it

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]