By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo website comfirms that Zelda U/NX is releasing March 2017

Lol at least we have the launch frame for Zelda.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Sounds like NX got delayed because of Zelda getting delayed then. Makes sense, they wouldn't want to launch NX without one of their biggest exclusives.

Umm...No, they aren't going to delay a whole system for 1 game, they would launch it with Pikmin and third parties and ride it till March 2017 if that were the case, Zelda was delayed because of NX, this confirms it.

It's possible this could just be a mistake. Hope not though.

Wish the article would have a link to that webpage. Not that I dont believe it but I get annoyed when these sites forget to provide their own source as well.

shikamaru317 said:
Meelow said:

Umm...No, they aren't going to delay a whole system for 1 game, they would launch it with Pikmin and third parties and ride it till March 2017 if that were the case, Zelda was delayed because of NX, this confirms it.

Then why do you think NX got delayed then? Nearly every rumor and leak pointed to an E3 reveal and a Holiday release before this. Not only that, but there are already reports that NX got delayed because software wasn't ready for a Holiday release (not necessarily just Zelda, likely others as well, though Zelda being the biggest exclusive likely would have been the main reason).

Zelda probably would've been ready, but I suspect Nintendo was looking at a post-launch lull after it, which would be a repeat of Wii U and 3DS launches, so they nixed the 2016 idea.

I still think it's probable there are also yield issues with the chipset possibly being 14nm, but these types of explainations are way over the head of the normal consumer, it's simply easier to say "we needed more time for more games". You start talking about things like 14 nanometer chip yields and even most hardcore gamers don't know what the fuck you're talking about and it would get blown into "Nintendo having hardware problems" on multiple media outlets.

I'm sure software development was one issue, it's always an issue for Nintendo, Nintendo can't even release a barebones smartphone app like Miitomo on time, but I think there probably are other issues at play here too, it's just something the press/public doesn't need to know.

Around the Network

I can't believe people didn't think it'd be a launch game. Why would they do that?

Soundwave said:
shikamaru317 said:

Then why do you think NX got delayed then? Nearly every rumor and leak pointed to an E3 reveal and a Holiday release before this. Not only that, but there are already reports that NX got delayed because software wasn't ready for a Holiday release (not necessarily just Zelda, likely others as well, though Zelda being the biggest exclusive likely would have been the main reason).

Zelda probably would've been ready, but I suspect Nintendo was looking at a post-launch lull after it, which would be a repeat of Wii U and 3DS launches, so they nixed the 2016 idea.

I still think it's probable there are also yield issues with the chipset possibly being 14nm, but these types of explainations are way over the head of the normal consumer, it's simply easier to say "we needed more time for more games". You start talking about things like 14 nanometer chip yields and even most hardcore gamers don't know what the fuck you're talking about and it would get blown into "Nintendo having hardware problems" on multiple media outlets.

I'm sure software development was one issue, it's always an issue for Nintendo, Nintendo can't even release a barebones smartphone app like Miitomo on time, but I think there probably are other issues at play here too, it's just something the press/public doesn't need to know.

The other option which I think may be somewhat at play is PS4K, that may launch at Christmas, perhaps they decided nto to go head on with it and then have news articles saying Nintendo failed again.

Yields on chipsets is also a good theory, but if PS4K launches with 14nm chips at Christmas then makes you wonder.

As for Miitomo, my biggest problem is not that it was delayed but the fricken size of it (like 500MB or so). After all the BS crap indy devs got restriction wise on MBs a game could use during Wii and Wii U early days, makes you wonder lol. 

shikamaru317 said:
Meelow said:

Edit: Why would they delay Zelda because of NX delay? It would have made more sense to release Zelda U Holiday 2016 and Zelda NX March 2017. A staggered release makes people more likely to double dip and get both versions. 

The NX was never confirmed for Holiday 2016, it likely was but as of right now it was never going to release this year, Zelda will be finished soon and they need it as a NX launch title.

And as for not releasing the Wii U version first, that's because the hype for the game would be over by the time the NX released, so Nintendo wants to make sure the hype is still there alongside the NX release.

t3mporary_126 said:
Wish the article would have a link to that webpage. Not that I dont believe it but I get annoyed when these sites forget to provide their own source as well.

You have to have an account to go on the site.

I'll take it.