By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whatis Nintendo's history with regard to shooters?

Nintendo detractors tend to claim that Nintendo doesn't make enough 'hardcore' games.  I am of the staunch belief that a game doesn't need to have blood and guts to be 'hardcore' (in fact, I'm starting to think Brawl could be my favourite game of all time).  But I am wondering what their 'pedigree' is when it comes to games like realistic FPS (not Metroid Prime) and the like.  I am talking about First-Party games only, so stuff like Goldeneye does not count.

Didn't they lend a (rather large) helping hand to Eternal Darkness, and aren't they doing the same for Fatal Frame IV?

I'm asking because I want to know if we can predict, to some degree, if they will be able to woo some of therse kinds of gamers back in the future.

The quality of Disaster: Day of Crisis will be very telling, indeed (that's first- or second-party, no?)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

i think they made geist for the gamecude,

^^Good point. Yes, Geist was by Nintendo.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Disaster: Day of Crisis does not look like a traditional shoter.

Nintendo have not developed many amazing shooters.

Perfect Dark and Goldeneye were both amazing b/c of RARE.

And they were released on the N64, giving a Nintendo console some of the best FPS of all time.

Around the Network

Well, Wii has Red Steel, (soon to be RS2) and MP3. Both sold... well, nicely

jokes aside, Nintendo doesn't make many FPS, because FPS doesn't sell in their hometown. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

^^Agreed, but I was asking about First-Party games, which is why I specifically stated Goldeneye doesn't count.

Red Steele was a Wii launch title... I know its not a Nintendo game but it shows Nintendo wants all games on their consoles... FPS just don´t seem to be Nintendos genre... which is why they gave Metroid Prime away... if you shoot stuff and its first person view then its a FPS...

Geist 2 ftw.

well then i cant think of many if any...

Geist was not first party.. n-Space, Inc. was the developer... they have also made games for the PSP