By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX Event confirmed by Nikkei for later this year

http://gonintendo.com/stories/256675-nikkei-nintendo-to-share-nx-price-features-specs-more-this

Seems Nintendo will have a event like Sony and MS did for PS4 and Xbox One

"the features/specs and price of NX as well as details about the launch games will be unveiled this year."

Around the Network

the question wasn't if an event will happen this year for the NX its when it will happen.

Ka-pi96 said:
That kinda had to happen at some point for a March 2017 release. The question is how much later this year?

Good question. I hope it happens very soon.

This is still weird. Why not at least talk about launch games at E3? I hope this event is one that garners attention and is something similar to E3 with an outlet space. Digital event isn't gonna do.

Around the Network

I would hope it would happen this year

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

This will get lost in all the FF/VR/COD hype this fall and what else is announced/released.

"the features/specs and price of NX as well as details about the launch games will be unveiled this year."

Could "specs" means the hardware ? Cause the only reason Nintendo would want to announce specs is to say to gamers " Hey, we've got the newest, best tech", right ?
Or am I being too optimistic ?

Edit: As for the event itself, end of August could be good. Not much happens at that time, everyone would be focused on NX.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Ka-pi96 said:
That kinda had to happen at some point for a March 2017 release. The question is how much later this year?

Good question. I hope it happens very soon.

If its not coming E3, then the event will be between sept to dec. My guess would be oct (end of the month)

That's kinda obvious .