By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Nintendo kept their promise of satisfying Wii U owners?

Has Nintendo kept their promise of satisfying Wii U owners?

Yes 86 29.45%

No 167 57.19%

Stop it with these polls 19 6.51%

see results 20 6.85%

Total:292

“I think our first job right now is to make sure that the customers, those 10 million customers who have a Wii U at home have software to play,” he said. “And we need to make sure that they are satisfied with their purchase and continue to enjoy playing on this platform. So we can’t just abandon them and say ‘Hey, it’s time to move on to the next thing.’”

- Kimi March 23rd 2016

source: http://fortune.com/2016/03/23/nintendo-wii-u-not-getting-canned/

Has Nintendo kept their promise of satisfying Wii U owners now that they have forecasted only 800k sales for now until March 2017?

Around the Network

They promised me a new Zelda homeconsole for Wii U in 2015. Then, delayed to 2016. And now, 2017. You can guess how satisfied I am.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It depends on each Wii U owner. To me, I'm satisfied.

I would say they have released games to satisfy me for 2 of the 4 years its been on the market.

He just stated again that the NX isn't replacing either the Wii U or 3DS. With Zelda being ported to the NX, I'm even more curious what the hell it is if it isn't replacing the Wii U or 3Ds.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Paatar said:
He just stated again that the NX isn't replacing either the Wii U or 3DS. With Zelda being ported to the NX, I'm even more curious what the hell it is if it isn't replacing the Wii U or 3Ds.

Nintendo said the same thing about DS. Don't believe in every Nintendo PR man. Nintendo only forecasted 800k Wii U sales from now until next March.

I'm not too selfish and ignorant. I got a lot out of Wii U but a business has to make decisions to keep them in business. We don't know their reasoning behind Nintendo's strategies but if they believe this was the right thing to do, I'll go with it. I'd rather Nintendo make bank on NX and succeed and eventually get me Zelda U than them continuing going down the road of Wii U failure. Wii U isn't gonna outsell GameCube or even Vita. It's a poor console saleswise. It has to die for Nintendo's sake and sub-sequentially our sake as well.

Taking out Zelda, which has been a joke the way they handled it, and this (most likely) complete wasteland that is late 2016 for Wii U, I would say yes, they done a good work with the hands they were dealt

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I can only speak for myself, but no, I haven't been satisfied. I don't feel like the almost 300 € I payed for it have been a good investment.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Ljink96 said:
I'm not too selfish and ignorant. I got a lot out of Wii U but a business has to make decisions to keep them in business. We don't know their reasoning behind Nintendo's strategies but if they believe this was the right thing to do, I'll go with it. I'd rather Nintendo make bank on NX and succeed and eventually get me Zelda U than them continuing going down the road of Wii U failure. Wii U isn't gonna outsell GameCube or even Vita. It's a poor console saleswise. It has to die for Nintendo's sake and sub-sequentially our sake as well.

Exactly. Totally agreed. With that said, how well has Nintendo kept their promise of satisfying Wii U owners considering the quote I put in the OP was stated last month of this year?