By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Fates Sells 1.84mil WW (Without Europe Release)

It has sold a whopping 780k in Japan making it the highest selling FE game of all time there and it has sold 1.08mil in the americas. 

Last update numbers for comparison we got for FE Awakening were around 1.85mil global.

Im guessing they included the deal for dlc as a sale as i cant beleiev that 1mil figure in the west already o.O

Around the Network

Or the nhumbers in vgchartz is really undertracked, or this game has gigantic digital sales, and due to the fact that there is the digital promotion, Im inclined to say the latter is the true one.

Good lord, FE did make a huge comeback.This game is going to easily sell over 3 million lifetime.Maybe even 4 million.This will be the next big JRPG.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Holy Fuck!!!!!!!

Dang! I thought the censorship would have reduced its sales!!!!!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Holy Fuck!!!!!!!

Dang! I thought the censorship would have reduced its sales!!!!!!!!

Its just the internet. I mean is a game really going to lose so many people for switching some sexual things around? (Or whatever it was lol)

That said this number should include the dl sales. No way FE fates shipped 1.08mil with just retail and digital. Has to be that dlc included imo.

Those numbers are great, but if you have to buy two versions plus a third one to get the whole game, obviously the numbers are going to be great. Nintendo, make more stock of the special edition, I would pay for it, I swear.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Those numbers are great, but if you have to buy two versions plus a third one to get the whole game, obviously the numbers are going to be great. Nintendo, make more stock of the special edition, I would pay for it, I swear.

Third version isnt included for Sales. That said, the approach they did with FE Fates is actually really well played out. Only Con about it which people come up with is the game is split which honestly you get for $60. If your gonna complain about price FE is a well made up game that is worth that price imo anyway especially when its literally 2 games.

That's awesome. I don't really care about FE, but that's awesome.

tbone51 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Third version isnt included for Sales. That said, the approach they did with FE Fates is actually really well played out. Only Con about it which people come up with is the game is split which honestly you get for $60. If your gonna complain about price FE is a well made up game that is worth that price imo anyway especially when its literally 2 games.

I don't complain about the price, I complain about the format. The game has around 3 times the levels of Awakening, so the price is not bad. But I don't want to buy one game half digital and half retail. Give me the game complete in one cartridge, and make enough copies of it! It sold out in one day, and I haven't found any restock!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
tbone51 said:

I don't complain about the price, I complain about the format. The game has around 3 times the levels of Awakening, so the price is not bad. But I don't want to buy one game half digital and half retail. Give me the game complete in one cartridge, and make enough copies of it! It sold out in one day, and I haven't found any restock!

I cant help you out there XD

Does this mean they're going to start shoving Fire Emblem down our throats in an insane fashion???
How might this affect the quality of the series in the future???
They have to find a way of appealing to FE virgins without alienating longtime fans; many longtime fans were already upset with Awakening...

Have a nice day...