By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ni-Oh makes Dark Souls look like easy mode

IDOLxISxDEAD said:

Yay, another game exploiting the recent internet hype around "hard" (notice the quotes) games and the internet falls for it, again. Just like pixel art/retro graphics became an over-saturated fad in gaming a few years ago, this wannabe Souls thing is next in line. Wish the industry could be more innovative instead of trying to cash in on whatever fad is popular with the internet nowadays.

Nope, there is Ni-Oh, and then there's everything else. Dark Souls is child's play compared to this. This is more in the realm of Ninja Gaiden Black(made by the same team), but still much harder.

Also LMAO if you thought the "hard" part is the only thing people loved about the Souls games.  Only someone who has never played them would say that. Them games have great gameplay, amazing atmosphere, progression, art style and level design.

Around the Network

Haven't played Ni-Oh, but honestly Souls games are not hard at all, they just become somewhat tedious after a while (still having fun with DS III though)...there's plenty of games out there that are way, way harder then any Souls, especially if you're fool enough to go where you shouldn't at lower levels.

Porcupine_I said:
spemanig said:
Dark Souls isn't trying to be hard. It's trying to be punishing. The mantra is "prepare to die," but it really should be "prepare to try."

Actually, it should just be: "prepare"

Touché.

Harder =/= more fun

Find it kinda shocking how they dare to steal so many ideas from Dark Souls. To make it even worse the graphics and framerate are horrible for a PS4 exclusive. The controls also feel somewhat unresponsive.

HintHRO said:
Harder =/= more fun

Find it kinda shocking how they dare to steal so many ideas from Dark Souls. To make it even worse the graphics and framerate are horrible for a PS4 exclusive. The controls also feel somewhat unresponsive.

Ni-oh was announced in 2005 as a PS3 exclusive, the first souls didnt show up until 2009.  Maybe someone from From software took the idea from Team Ninja and made a new game...also Its an alpha build.

Around the Network

Dark souls isn't hard, it just demands patience and thinking. Hard stuff for gamers nowadays.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Train wreck said:
HintHRO said:
Harder =/= more fun

Ni-oh was announced in 2005 as a PS3 exclusive, the first souls didnt show up until 2009.  Maybe someone from From software took the idea from Team Ninja and made a new game...also Its an alpha build.

No Nioh gameplay was shown for PS3, ever. FromSoftware therefore didn't steal anything. Nioh was probably a whole other game than what we see now. Games that undergo a lot of transformations usually end up being a mess and the framerate and graphics are indicators of that being the case with Nioh. I also strongly believe the words 'Beta' and 'Alpha' are terms used by companies to make us believe their game will look a whole lot better at release. But I've never seen a real case of a game being a lot prettier or better than the so-called 'alpha footage'. Nioh will have the same graphics and performance like the demo at release if they can't get these things right after 10 years of development (just like FF15). 

That sounds awesome for me!!!

I'm not into overly difficult games like souls and this.
I have to deal with alot of shit on the job and in real life and I just don't have the patience for these kind of games.
I like a challenge,for example Bayonetta was perfect on normal and even hotline miami was awesome,but I see no point in torture games like souls and Nioh.

Mosfet said:

I'm not into overly difficult games like souls and this.
I have to deal with alot of shit on the job and in real life and I just don't have the patience for these kind of games.
I like a challenge,for example Bayonetta was perfect on normal and even hotline miami was awesome,but I see no point in torture games like souls and Nioh.

It's not torture, it requires you to be attentive at all times. I agree that it's not for everyone, not all of us have the time and energy to invest so much in a game, epecially when we get older and have jobs.