By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unpopular Opinion: Super Mario 3D World is underrated.

Is Super Mario 3D World underrated?

VERY underrated 43 27.74%

its underrated 22 14.19%

It's a little underrated 23 14.84%

No 19 12.26%

its a little overrated 9 5.81%

It's overrated 11 7.10%

VERY overrated 18 11.61%

I don't know 4 2.58%

See results. 6 3.87%

Total:155

It is a pretty good game, and everyone else that I have talked to about it agrees with me. Not only that but the reviews reflect that. So if anything I think it got the praise it deserved.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
JRPGfan said:

^ so much this.

Also yes Ive had VGC  be unstable.

I honestly think its abit overrated. Its got a insanely high metacritic score, and I dont think its close to being the best mario game out there.

You didn't like the game? Did you play it alone or with people? Because I played it with my brothers and I can't imagine playing it alone and get the same enjoyment. 

Played it alone... sadly... maybe thats why.

Jranation said:
outlawauron said:

Played it from start to finish with a friend.

Imo mario platformers are always soooooo much better with people to play with. Because it can get compeitive and have those silly mistakes where you kill each other XD 

Absolutely. Several time where I jumped on top of my friend to send him to his doom.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Volterra_90 said:
lonerism said:

Easily the worst Mario I have ever played, 

Got bored real quick with it, It's just more of the same. 3D Land in HD

64, Sunshine and Galaxy are waaaaaaay better

Another unpopular opinion, Sunshine is a massive turd. Worst Mario game by miles. Same and repetitive scenarios over and over again, awful camera, and it's actually the opposite of "fun". I'm a massive Mario fan, I was completely devastated when I played that game. 

Well, I LOVED the sense of exploration that Sunshine had

Nintendo should do a remaster of it, fixing the camera. I mean, why not? Every Zelda game gets a remaster too

lonerism said:

Well, I LOVED the sense of exploration that Sunshine had

Nintendo should do a remaster of it, fixing the camera. I mean, why not? Every Zelda game gets a remaster too

Yeah, it's all about tastes in the end. I wouldn't mind if they do a Sunshine remaster if people want it (and, tbh, I know a lot of people are asking for it), but I wouln't touch it. Even with the cam issues solved, the game is still weak imo. I prefer that they spend their efforts in other possible remaster (F-Zero GX, for example, I'd love that they remaster that game XD).

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Jranation said:

Imo mario platformers are always soooooo much better with people to play with. Because it can get compeitive and have those silly mistakes where you kill each other XD 

Absolutely. Several time where I jumped on top of my friend to send him to his doom.

Yep! The only reason why I didn't buy Super Mario Maker. If it had multiplayer it would have been an easy day 1 buy! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I totally agree with you bro!!  

Volterra_90 said:

I prefer that they spend their efforts in other possible remaster (F-Zero GX, for example, I'd love that they remaster that game XD).

I love GX to bits, but honestly I don't think it needs a remaster.

I played it a few months ago and it still looks and plays great.

93 on metacritics. For this mario 3d world, it's underrated ??

It's way more overrated than anything else.