By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony FY2015 financial forecasts delayed until May due to Earthquake, but results are effectively out (see post 2)

think-man said:
All i care about is the gaming division, has that been included in the delay?

The delay includes everything.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said:

Even games like Horizon Zero Dawn.

HAHA

I literally laughed out loud. Good one

RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said:

Maybe we will see TLG... 

Who cares about this? As long as ps4 is selling great I'm happy.

Soundwave said:
Sounds like some misdirection to hide weaker than expected earnings. Companies always pull this type of stuff, reading The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham really exposes a lot of it.

God is bias confirmed.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

This could be really bad for Sony. If they can't deliver parts on time Apple, Samsung etc will drop them and go to alternatives this could kill Sony's camera and devices divisions.

9.4% off forecast isn't too bad considering it's still way up on previous years. A drop in the smartphone market hitting their camera sensor business is a worry though. However Smartphone sales aren't exactly going to drop off the face of the Earth. The market has probably gone from growth to maintenance. I dunno why the financial world expects things to never reach a plateau and for growth to happen in perpetuity. It's such a stupid and unreal expectation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

iNathan said:
Who cares about this? As long as ps4 is selling great I'm happy.

It's all in the same boat though, if a company is having issues earning from one avenue they will look to their profitable area's to balance the books out, e.g. don't expect the extra few dollars from last years psn+ sub increase to directly go into better games for the service, when the company needs that cash elsewhere, now can you see why you might care?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Honestly, their stock was rather modestly priced considering their forecast (which explains the relatively miniscule drop despite these somewhat dissapointing news). Like I've already stated in this thread though, they beat their forecast when exclusing impairment charges. Seems like they just wanted to get it over with so that it wouldn't reflect badly upon FY16.

Now I'm looking forward to per segment results.

RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said: