By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Only Amazon Prime members can buy GTA 5, FIFA 16 and other big games from Amazon

Wagram said:
Buy the GCU from Bestbuy and ditch Amazon if you care about games. 20% off ALL new game products. $30 for two years and day one delivery. Much better value.

If gaming selection was equal I'd agree, but my love of Japanese niche titles meant Best Buy carried them ~50% of the time while Amazon has them ~99% of the time.

I do agree the idea of locking products behind prime is ridiculous and puts me off even as a Prime member that enjoys the service for streaming and discounts.

Around the Network

i have prime...

..but wtf amazon?!?!? that's bullshit.

Good that I don't buy there anymore for some time now. A company handling their workforce at least here in Germany like crap, avoiding to pay taxes in Europe with some filthy tricks (well, like most big companies especially from USA) and doing shit like that? No thx...

I prefer to buy at small stores now, they aren't even more expensive most of the time and they do at least let me pay only for what I want and pay taxes here.

Neodegenerate said:
Michelasso said:
So Amazon is asking to pay for an yearly subscription to have the privilege to buy from them some games we can buy anywhere else reducing their sales? This has the word "genius" plastered all over..

The yearly subscription also gives free 2 day shipping, 20% off new games (so you pay 48 instead of 60 per game), and has streaming options for music, video, etc.  The fact that they are hiding some games behind Prime is stupid, absoutely.  However, if you are the type of person who buys a  game a month new, the savings on the games already pays for Prime.  And you get all the other benefits.

This 20% off for new games is for the US only. UK doesnt have this and they apply the same methods for them. 2 days shipping is the normal length here in europe for normal shipping from Amazon without prime