By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Sony is making its own Spiderman game for PS4. Could Sucker Punch be the developer?

Nerdleaks, the site that leaked all that God of War 4 stuff a little while back, has come back into the fray with a new rumour: Sony is making its own Spiderman game for PS4, despite Activision being the publisher and rights holder since forever.

An online resume from a Mr Stephen Oyoung has thrown further fuel on the flames of this rumour. His online portfolio mentioned an “unannounced Spiderman PS4 game” being done by Sony, though the profile has since been edited so as to remove the reference to Spiderman.

Additionally, we have this hint from Shuhei Yoshida on twitter.

Could this be the unannounced game currently in development at Sucker Punch. The game featuring 3rd person melee combat and unique clothing laid out into patterns for compelling charaters?

Around the Network

cool will it be exclusive?

Bizarre. Though it does appear Activision doesn't care about its Spider-man license anymore.

We know that Sucker Punch is developing a 3rd person game with some kind of superhero powers.

Personally, I'd love that game to be something other than Infamous and a Spiderman game as high quality as the Batman Arkham games could have a lot of potential.

ohh gosh no... please let sucker punch make another infamous game

Around the Network

Sucker Punch developing a Spiderman game would be a terrible waste of talent.

darkknightkryta said:
Bizarre. Though it does appear Activision doesn't care about its Spider-man license anymore.

Yeah. It's really weird. If both this and the Crash Bandicoot rumor turn out to be true, Activision has truly become far less protective of their IPs :)

Excluding the batman series; superhero games have always been garbage. So hoping that this one is different.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

bananaking21 said:
ohh gosh no... please let sucker punch make another infamous game

ZZZZzzZz... No thanks.

Wagram said:
Sucker Punch developing a Spiderman game would be a terrible waste of talent.

I don't understand why you'd know that for sure. Unless of course you think the Batman Arkham series is a waste of talent.