By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How was your appreciation of Star Fox Zero : The Battle Begins (short animated film) ?

It was ...

Good 19 27.54%

Meh ... 4 5.80%

Bad 1 1.45%

AWESOME !! Need more ! 33 47.83%

Too much furries 7.5/10 2 2.90%

Was that the future NX co... 3 4.35%

I'll watch it later 7 10.14%

Total:69

I liked it, yeah. I had fun watching it, there is some fan service throw in the video (Falco playing SNES Starfox, for example), nice bits of comedy (I laughed a lot with Peppy having that fur token, WTF? XD), some Arwing action... I think it was good.

Around the Network

The dialogues were at time a little cheesy, but other than that, I loved it. Amazing art style, good voice acting and great animation/action.

Everytime nintendo experiment with anime, like this, the Kid Icarus shorts (not the cgi ones), Fire Emblem and SSB trailers, I ALWAYS find myself asking for more.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:
The dialogues were at time a little cheesy, but other than that, I loved it. Amazing art style, good voice acting and great animation/action.

Everytime nintendo experiment with anime, like this, the Kid Icarus shorts (not the cgi ones), Fire Emblem and SSB trailers, I ALWAYS find myself asking for more.

Yeah, but Star Fox is reaaaally cheesy. I don't expect less XDDD.

Mar1217 said:

That almost out of nowhere ''Do a barrel roll'' from Peppy got me lol 

Oh, yeah, I love the fact that it didn't make sense in the context XD. I was just like: "Why, Peppy?". Also, the moment Slippy fails to get in the cockpit and he said: "Just kidding!". I love random and non-sense jokes! I didn't expect the actual bomb to be physically like the bomb icon. I chuckled at that too lol. 

I really enjoyed it. Good ole' Star Fox with its cheese and its four leading characters sharing funny and cool dialogue. The art direction is pretty cool and didn't feel that clunky in motion, even in 3D. I do like how there's new additions to the story such as Peppy having a secret with Pepper about the Venom project and the characters appear a little more fleshed out as characters through everything they do.

I hope this short film (along with KI's anime short and the Pikmin shorts) is a sign for things to come in Nintendo's attempt to expand their IPs to new avenues. Now we can get shows that reminds us of the days of Kirby Roght Back at Ya, F-Zero GP Legend, the Super Show, etc. This sample is right there with Paultena's Revoltimg Dinner as a really good short (havent watched the Pikmin shorts yet so I'm looking forward to them).

Around the Network

Overall, I thought the animation was great, the dialogue was decent enough, and the short overall helps for setting me up for what I'm about to play in a couple of days.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It was good. The visuals were really nice, though the actual movement of the animation itself could use improvements. Voice acting is good too (wouldn't expect any less). It's everything you could ever want out of a Star Fox short like this, pretty much.

bet: lost

I really enjoyed it and watched it twice so far (with a third viewing coming later tonight.) I could definitely go for a full series. Even a 13, 30 minute episode run would be nice.

Fox looked a little bit weird in my opinion, but other than that it was pretty good. Very enjoyable.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Still need to watch it! Hopefully I'll remember to post my thoughts when i do..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]