By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Rick Astley releases a new song, and it's not bad.

If you don't know who Rick Astley is, you most likely are new to the internet. Welcome brother. To make a long story short, just look up "rick roll" on Google.

Anyway, if I'm correct, this is his first new material in like a decade, and it's kinda catchy. I'm not a fan of soul music, but this isn't bad at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC3Ejf7vPEY

bet: lost

Around the Network

Not falling for it l:

I never thought Never Going To Give You Up was a bad song to be honest. Perhaps overexposure to it changed my original opinion on it but I genuinely dont mind it anymore

Nice.

Wow I didn´t know he was working on a new album :O
It´s actually really good :)
Thanks for sharing n.n

Around the Network

Yeah I actually fell in love with this song when I first heard it. He missed perfect marketing having released the music video JUST after April Fool's!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

StarOcean said:
I never thought Never Going To Give You Up was a bad song to be honest. Perhaps overexposure to it changed my original opinion on it but I genuinely dont mind it anymore

This. In fact, I thought it was pretty good. Catchy! 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

How the fuck did this song become a meme anyways, and who started it? I never understood the magic behind "Never gonna give you up". Dude dances like a pimp and the African is fucking epic. As fucking ridiculous as it is. He actually displays some real talent in the song :/

It's awful short on lyrical content. Guess that fits his motif and the point of the tune is good.