By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Zero Review Thread: MC: 69 / GR: 68.84%

Gamesradar.com

http://www.gamesradar.com/star-fox-zero-review/?utm_content=bufferdc844&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

2.5/5

"Unbelievable. How else could I sum up my disappointment in the supposed grand return of a franchise that hasn't seen a decent entry in nearly twenty years and explain how it's a perfect representation of the Wii U's core failing as a console? Every fear that the Wii U's Gamepad is a gimmicky albatross around Nintendo's neck comes to fruition here, as Star Fox Zero's attempts at legitimizing that idiosyncratic bit of tech become its undoing."

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I was the lowest with 72 in the other thread, seems like I had to go even lower..

About GB review:

"All of this would have been welcome in the early 2000s, but the years of disappointing follow-ups and the overall progression of industry standards leads to Star Fox Zero having the impact of an HD rerelease rather than a full sequel. Being able to beat the game in 2-3 hours doesn't help, no matter how many branching paths or lackluster challenge missions are included. Even the moment-to-moment action doesn't have anywhere near the impact that it had almost two decades ago, as this limited style of gameplay feels dated in 2016. Nintendo finally released the Star Fox game that I thought I wanted, but it leaves me wondering what place Fox McCloud has in today’s gaming landscape."

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Luke888 said:
I was the lowest with 72 in the other thread, seems like I had to go even lower..

Seems like it. It still could reach 70s, but my bet will be on high 60s now. A bit more mixed than I though since I've been expecting something around mid/high 70s. 

Damn refreshed and it dropped from 70 to 68, I wish I'd posted a prediction I was deliberating between 69-73, though I probably would have settled on 72.

Knew the game wouldn't be well recieved, Nintendo is having a bad run recently.

Around the Network

CGMagazine gave it high praise with a 9.5
http://www.cgmagonline.com/reviews/nintendo-star-fox-zero-wiiu-review/

"Simply put, Star Fox Zero is the most fun I’ve had with any Wii U game to date. The title more than makes up for Fox McCloud’s conspicuous absence for a decade and proves just what a uniquely satisfying gaming experience the gamepad offers when treated as an asset by game designers, rather than a bulky requirement to work with Nintendo’s mascots. It’s beautiful, challenging, deep, addictive, and plays unlike any other space shoot em’ up I’ve ever experienced."

This game is really divisive.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Wow some of these aren't even trying... this game was doomed scorewise from some of them long long before they even tried it.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Volterra_90 said:
Luke888 said:

Seems like it. It still could reach 70s, but my bet will be on high 60s now. A bit more mixed than I though since I've been expecting something around mid/high 70s. 

I think it's gona end around 68 for some reason...

anyway I forgot that I changed my prediction to 74 because I convinced myself that the game would have scored better since everyone gave it such high metascores...

Luke888 said:

I think it's gona end around 68 for some reason...

anyway I forgot that I changed my prediction to 74 because I convinced myself that the game would have scored better since everyone gave it such high metascores...

Hahaha. Yeah, I though that the tides could have changed, but it seems like that's not the case. My first prediction was a 74, I was more optimist with my second but it seems like I failed. Still, the reviews are more or less what I've expected, some of them could go over the gyro controls, some of them not, and that would affect the game's score a lot. Mixed response, and more than 80 was always impossible to me because of the game design itself. Mandatory motion controls and a 90s arcade game design is not gonna do very well nowadays. Still, its metascore is almost a 70 now, which this gen, is not bad in my book. 

Which I found interesting is that there's not a general consensus about the game. Almost every aspect of it varies wildly across reviews! XD

Gamekult.com

4/10

http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/test-star-fox-zero-J3050274617t.html

Pros:

- It's Star Fox

- Gameplay changes

- Challenge to 100%

- Some good bosses

Cons:

- Short

- Ugly

- Nonesense difficult spike at the end