By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did NX influenced on decision of sony making the PS4.5?

Ive never thought a nintendo home console could influence a sony to make a new model of their console, basicly because their consumers are different publics. 

But ive seen lots of people speaking that the PS4K is a response for nintendo NX.

Were sony afraid NX could get some sales that was adressed for ps4? 

The novelty impact of a new product on this holiday would make good sells for NX? now with a ps4K the attentions would be splitted?

Would PS4k exist(or delayed) if NX wasnt even annouced/mentioned?

thoughts?

Around the Network

I really don't think so.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Nope!

Nintendo is an ant in the eyes of other console manufacturers ...

Maybe.Could be, and could be just a coincidence too.Im inclined to say yes though.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

PS4.5 probably still would've happened regardless of NX. But I'm sure that the NX had to have had some sort of influence on the decision, probably just a minor one.

Just to attempt to edge over some advantages Nintendo could possibly have had with the NX. Better safe than sorry.

bet: lost

Around the Network

Doubt it.

It was inevitable.

Even MS mentioned about upgrading the XB1 before any news of PS4K, but seems more like that all of them were likely working on this well before news got out, and while everybody was speculating that the NX will just be slightly better than PS4/XB1.

Probably not. You don't build a new console in a year.

Unlikely.

fatslob-:O said:

Nope!

Nintendo is an ant in the eyes of other console manufacturers ...

No, they aren't. They were responsibl for the single most overwhelming generational win of any console manufacturer last generation with an installed base of 250m. No one at Sony or Microsoft is idiotic enough to look at Nintendo as an ant.