By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry: PS4K/Neo Spec Leak Genuine, Dev Kits On Their Way To Devs

spemanig said:
JEMC said:
I honestly fail to see the point of Neo if it won't do nothing more than a standard PS4 model except for a better/more consistent frame-rate.

Do you own a PS4?

Nope. But if this is true, I may be able to pick a second hand PS4 for cheap.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
JRPGfan said:

Its real....  too much smoke for there not to be fire.

Sony is doing what nintendo did, with the New 3DS.
This a New PS4.

And just like the new 3ds, I would be a bit scared that some games will have performance issues and frame issues on my ps4. 

The comaprison between the 3DS and N3DS is different though. 3DS has a dual core ARM11 cpu(with an additional ARM9 core) while the N3DS uses a quad core ARM11 cpu. The N3DS also has double the amount of system RAM(different type to) and 10mb VRAM instead of 6mb VRAM in the 3DS. So it's not just a speed upgrade, and that's what creates the performance issues.

Goodnightmoon said:
spemanig said:

It doesn't matter if the games are old or indie or third party. Now you're the one who's being disingenuous. The games are still unplayable on the OG 3DS, and it's a lot of games. There are no more qualifiers in that equasion. They are doing something with the N3DS that Sony isn't doing with the PS3K. If people view that as a slight on the N3DS that doesn't exist on the PS4, they are right. It is. There is absolutely nothing to contest that. How big of a slight it is is up to the individual. Games running worse on the older tech is the far more agregious sin, something that already happens with N3DS enhanced games, and something that I'm sure will happen with PS4 games, even before the leak soft confirming it.

Stop being a hypocritical demagogue. (Demagogy is a really weird word to use here. Like I get the picture you're trying to paint, that he's seeking support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argumant - a sin that you are frankly much more guilty of at this point, but a demagogue is a political leader and no one here is in a position of power, so using it in this context doesn't really make sense. It's like calling someone on a forum, who isn't a mod or admin, a tyrant.

Anyway, I'm not really calling you a demagogue. Just wanted to point that out.)

Sorry but is not the same when you talk about little indie games that nobody knows and a few roms from very old games, than when you talk about brand new releases.

Imagine for a moment if ps4k has 12 exclusive 8bit Spectrum roms, what would you think about someone that is saying Sony is terrible because is locking more than 10 games behind Ps4k? I mean, he is completely true, they are locking them and those games can be a big deal for some people somewhere, but we have common sense and we perfectly know the intentions behind, we know those 10 games combined are not remotely comparable to a single new release like SFV or R&C, yet it sounds like Sony is making a big crime, first thing people is gonna think when they listen that Sony is locking a douzen of games behind ps4k is that they are a shitty company, but that guy is just playing with words to create an irrational emotion to downplay , and it doesnt matter how correct the data is, he is using demagogy like politics. Well, here is the same.

And yes the word demagogy can be used outside people with power positions, at least in my country, where is a pretty common word, we used it, when I travel to London nobody knows the word for some reason, not sure why, but I cannot find a better word to describe it.

The word you are looking for is probably incendiary. Or something else, but demogogy doesn't really make sense because, again, its usage is like tyrany. It carries a connotation of status and oppression at the core of it's definition. A layman cannot be a tyrant. You can only be tyrantical of you are in a position of power over the victim of that tyrany. It's the same with demagogy. The word literally comes from demagogue, which is a dishonest political official. Donald Trump can be called a demagogue. Hilary Clinton could be called a demagogue. Barack Obama could be called a demagogue. Even in this forum, StarOcean, Machina, any mod or admin could be accused of demogogy and the usage of the word would make sense. People in London probably don't know the word because because the usage isn't correct. It doesn't matter if his usage was political. The focus isn't on the politics. It's on the subject. He isn't a leader of position of power. The word demogague comes from the greek words demos and agogos. Agogos means leader and agogos means people. Leader of the people. Leader.

You're bending the truth here too. Those aren't similar scenarios at all. The equivalent scenario would be "what if the PS4K could play 12 PS2 games but the PS4 couldn't." And the answer would be that a lot of people would be pissed, just like they are with the N3DS. It doesn't matter what they are equivalent to. People obviously care about not being able to play a game on a system they bought because of an incremental refresh they didn't anticipate. Sony isn't doing that. Nintendo did. Sony wins. Nintendo lost. You're the one being irrational and playing with words. You did it in that very post.

JEMC said:

Most people aren't going to buy an inferior product when there is a superior product on the market.

spemanig said:
JEMC said:

Most people aren't going to buy an inferior product when there is a superior product on the market.

Well, as long as it gets the same games and they are playable, I don't really have a problem with it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
JEMC said:

Sure they will. If there is a $100 price difference and the origional PS4 will still play all of the same games just as it would if the NEO didn't exist, why wouldn't they?

Most gamers don't care.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

spemanig said:
Nautilus said:

Lets wait until PS4K actually releases.For all we know, Sony may release a PS4K only game in the end.After all, everything still is a rumour(by this I mean its just not official).And if Hyrule Warriors-like cases appears, even if it dosent have exclusives, it will be just as bad.

Rumors are pointing towards the former never happening and the ladder definitely happening. Even if it's not official, we know what to expect.

It's crazy that we still don't know solid hardware details about the NX, yet we've learned detailed hardware specs within a month of first finding out about the PS4.5/k/whogivesashit.

Yeah, and thats what frightens me.Sony has been playing all its cards perfectly until now, so Ill give them the benefit of the doubt.

Looking on the bright side, if Sony does screw up, this is a once in a lifetime chance for Nintendo, as they can use that slip-up to market the NX, just like Sony got a huge advantage with microsoft initial dumb choices with XOne.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

JEMC said:
spemanig said:

Well, as long as it gets the same games and they are playable, I don't really have a problem with it.

Thats where the problem lies.Being playable is different from having a really good experience with a game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

JRPGfan said:

Its real....  too much smoke for there not to be fire.

Sony is doing what nintendo did, with the New 3DS.
This a New PS4.

Or it could just be the greatest troll of all time. 

Normchacho said:

Sure they will. If there is a $100 price difference and the origional PS4 will still play all of the same games just as it would if the NEO didn't exist, why wouldn't they?

Most gamers don't care.

Because there's something better. Of course they do. That's how tech works.