By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry: PS4K/Neo Spec Leak Genuine, Dev Kits On Their Way To Devs

It's all too real now.

One thing I have to say is that I like how this PS4K rumor is turning out in such a short time.....

....Unlike the NX rumor that's been going on forever and still nothing >.>

Around the Network

No, thanks.

I'll wait for PS4.75

I honestly fail to see the point of Neo if it won't do nothing more than a standard PS4 model except for a better/more consistent frame-rate.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

LurkerJ said:
No, thanks.

I'll wait for PS4.75

Aka PS5 in 2019 or 20.

Yet they still haven't fixed the bottleneck CPU. The Standard CPU in the PS4 is way underpowered for the GPU yet now there doubling the GPU and only slightly increasing the already struggling CPU a little bit. I am not sure about that idea.
PS4K might be a VR bundled console hence the name Neo.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
spemanig said:

The truth can never be dishonest. The word you are looking for is disingenuous. There was nothing dishonest about what he said.

Also, it's not only one game that's exclusive. There are 6 N3DS exclusive games and 9 N3DS exclusive VC games that aren't available on the OG 3DS. Either do your research or stop being dishonest.

Some little indie games (most of them unkown) developed by third parties (not Nintendo) and like 9 brand new SNES roms from 20 years ago.

There is not a single new game released for the N3DS for Nintendo, not a single one, there is only a wii port, yet you are gonna see tons of this disingenous people saying Ps4k is wonderfull and completely different form N3DS that is terrible because has exclusives games, are you ok with that? Because I dont, I think is just pathetic, but I guess thats all we can expect from gaming comunity: demagogy and hypocrisy.

Btw, thanks for the new word, I didnt knew it but I guess it fits better.

It doesn't matter if the games are old or indie or third party. Now you're the one who's being disingenuous. The games are still unplayable on the OG 3DS, and it's a lot of games. A lot more than one. There are no more qualifiers in that equasion. They are doing something with the N3DS that Sony isn't doing with the PS4K. If people view that as a slight on the N3DS that won't exist on the PS4K, they are right. It won't. There is absolutely nothing to contest that. How big of a slight it is is up to the individual. Games running worse on the older tech is the far more agregious sin, something that already happens with N3DS enhanced games, and something that I'm sure will happen with PS4 games, even before the leak soft confirming it.

Stop being a hypocritical demagogue. (Demagogy is a really weird word to use here. Like I get the picture you're trying to paint, that he's seeking support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argumant - a sin that you are frankly much more guilty of at this point, but a demagogue is a political leader and no one here is in a position of power, so using it in this context doesn't really make sense. It's like calling someone on a forum, who isn't a mod or admin, a tyrant.

Anyway, I'm not really calling you a demagogue. Just wanted to point that out.)

Goodnightmoon said:
spemanig said:

The truth can never be dishonest. The word you are looking for is disingenuous. There was nothing dishonest about what he said.

Also, it's not only one game that's exclusive. There are 6 N3DS exclusive games and 9 N3DS exclusive VC games that aren't available on the OG 3DS. Either do your research or stop being dishonest.

Some little indie games (most of them unkown) developed by third parties (not Nintendo) and like 9 brand new SNES roms from 20 years ago.

There is not a single new game released for the N3DS for Nintendo, not a single one, there is only a wii port, yet you are gonna see tons of this disingenous people saying Ps4k is wonderfull and completely different form N3DS that is terrible because has exclusives games, are you ok with that? Because I dont, I think is just pathetic, but I guess thats all we can expect from gaming comunity: demagogy and hypocrisy.

It doesn't matter if the games are old or indie or third party. Now you're the one who's being disingenuous. The games are still unplayable on the OG 3DS, and it's a lot of games. There are no more qualifiers in that equasion. They are doing something with the N3DS that Sony isn't doing with the PS3K. If people view that as a slight on the N3DS that doesn't exist on the PS4, they are right. It is. There is absolutely nothing to contest that. How big of a slight it is is up to the individual. Games running poorly on the older tech is the far more agregious sin, something that already happens with N3DS enhanced games, and something that I'm sure will happen with PS4 games, even before the leak soft confirming it.

Stop being a hypocritical demagogue. (Demagogy is a really weird word to use here. Like I get the picture you're trying to paint, that he's seeking support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argumant - a sin that you are frankly much more guilty of at this point, but a demagogue is a political leader and no one here is in a position of power, so using it in this context doesn't really make sense. It's like calling someone on a forum, who isn't a mod or admin, a tyrant.

JRPGfan said:
LurkerJ said:
No, thanks.

I'll wait for PS4.75

Aka PS5 in 2019 or 20.

Or a new Playstation every 3 years with games that are backward compatible with, at least, 2 previous Playstations.

You heard it here first

spemanig said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It doesn't matter if the games are old or indie or third party. Now you're the one who's being disingenuous. The games are still unplayable on the OG 3DS, and it's a lot of games. There are no more qualifiers in that equasion. They are doing something with the N3DS that Sony isn't doing with the PS3K. If people view that as a slight on the N3DS that doesn't exist on the PS4, they are right. It is. There is absolutely nothing to contest that. How big of a slight it is is up to the individual. Games running worse on the older tech is the far more agregious sin, something that already happens with N3DS enhanced games, and something that I'm sure will happen with PS4 games, even before the leak soft confirming it.

Sorry but is not the same when you talk about little indie games that nobody knows and a few roms from very old games, than when you talk about brand new releases.

Imagine for a moment if ps4k has 12 exclusive 8bit Spectrum roms, what would you think about someone that is saying Sony is terrible because is locking more than 10 games behind Ps4k? I mean, he is completely true, they are locking them and those games can be a big deal for some people somewhere, but we have common sense and we perfectly know the intentions behind, we know those 10 games combined are not remotely comparable to a single new release like SFV or R&C, yet it sounds like Sony is making a big crime, first thing people is gonna think when they listen that Sony is locking a douzen of games behind ps4k is that they are a shitty company, but that guy is just playing with words to create an irrational emotion to downplay , and it doesnt matter how correct the data is, he is using demagogy like politics. Well, here is the same.

And yes the word demagogy can be used outside people with power positions, at least in my country, where is a pretty common word, we used it, when I travel to London nobody knows the word for some reason, not sure why, but I cannot find a better word to describe it.

JEMC said:
I honestly fail to see the point of Neo if it won't do nothing more than a standard PS4 model except for a better/more consistent frame-rate.

Do you own a PS4?